ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you like a rep?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yorkshire meets have been shat of late. I know admin state that we don't need a rep but do the yorkshire members think that we would benefit from one? It's a big area with lots of members but there are literally no meets and this leads (IMO) to a lower number of members from this area attending shows like CSS an FCS.

Thoughts?

RB Clio 182
Deffo mate, i would love to come to as many as i could get to, it would be nice to put names to faces and as you say, bigger meets would be better too as you would know some people and you wouldnt feel as much as a gooseberry as i did at this years css13.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It used to be good - some good convoys to shows and stuff but In the last two years it's really died on its arse tbh.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Someone just organise a monthly meet. You all meet there and get to know each other, and then when someone suggests something, you just go ahead and do it.

Don't need a light blue name to organise things ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Someone just organise a monthly meet. You all meet there and get to know each other, and then when someone suggests something, you just go ahead and do it.

Don't need a light blue name to organise things ;)

Never happens though - that's the problem.

It needs someone who's willing to smash time in sending multiple PMs through the annoying pm system, finding locations, routes etc. Anyone can create a 3 line meet thread but the problem is that nobody attends! To arrange proper meets can take time and IMO it deserves a rep status!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Never happens though - that's the problem.

It needs someone who's willing to smash time in sending multiple PMs through the annoying pm system, finding locations, routes etc. Anyone can create a 3 line meet thread but the problem is that nobody attends! To arrange proper meets can take time and IMO it deserves a rep status!

PM system is better now. Nik built a programme that is based on the regional groups on the forum, allowing you to extract a mailing list which excludes people who have a full PM inbox so pm's go out first time.

Area reps will be reviewed early next year and we're going to try and put things in place that makes people want to do the job. CSS is taking priority at the moment though, as we completed our venue visit yesterday so need to get the ball rolling with that. Nik & Brian also have LOTS to be getting on with.

You're right though, reps are a bit neglected.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
PM system is better now. Nik built a programme that is based on the regional groups on the forum, allowing you to extract a mailing list which excludes people who have a full PM inbox so pm's go out first time.

Area reps will be reviewed early next year and we're going to try and put things in place that makes people want to do the job. CSS is taking priority at the moment though, as we completed our venue visit yesterday so need to get the ball rolling with that. Nik & Brian also have LOTS to be getting on with.

You're right though, reps are a bit neglected.

Thats a relief about the pm system - it used to drive me nuts.

Appreciate you guys are busy , just think the region needs a bit of a kick start for next year.

Thats a relief about the pm system - it used to drive me nuts.

Appreciate you guys are busy , just think the region needs a bit of a kick start for next year.

I agree with this^

I don't mind putting the work in and organising at least a monthly regular meet with more time inbetween chasing people up if I could get a slightly larger inbox (I will also clear all the old stuff out)

Only problem I have is that a lot of the people that have been about a while see my name and just think nah I won't go...

I think the regular TOPO meets should be re-arranged as at least a monthly thing with at least a couple hours time frame, maybe have no strict limit on leaving time so the new rep can organise bookings etc if people want food.

Hardest bit for any rep is going to be the time wasters that regularly say that they will attend then don't....

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm often in Doncaster at the weekend and even though I'm based in the North West is try and get along. .

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I agree with this^

I don't mind putting the work in and organising at least a monthly regular meet with more time inbetween chasing people up if I could get a slightly larger inbox (I will also clear all the old stuff out)

Only problem I have is that a lot of the people that have been about a while see my name and just think nah I won't go...

I think the regular TOPO meets should be re-arranged as at least a monthly thing with at least a couple hours time frame, maybe have no strict limit on leaving time so the new rep can organise bookings etc if people want food.

Hardest bit for any rep is going to be the time wasters that regularly say that they will attend then don't....

The problem with the topo meet is it's not all that central. It's 50 mins each way for me for example and I'm at the southern end of North Yorkshire. That's going to be the problem wherever you have it as Yorkshire is such a large area.

Jim I think it'd be a good idea to have a rep.

I like to be able to get to know some more good driving roads. If we did have regular meets maybe it could have a focus like Jan; Buttertubs. Feb: some other road etc. We could meet somewhere in the general direction of that particular route, drive out and have a cafe/pub stop mid point. Over the year try and vary the places we meet so that, one person isn't having to drive miles each time.

Thing I struggle with is knowing wheres good to drive, I know f*ck all routes so someone else would have to have the knowledge, I am terrible with directions so I don't think i'll be much good apart form taking a few pictures once we get together.

I am also supidly busy with my final year at Uni. What about the first weekend in Feb?

Also my car is a 100% shed.

The problem with the topo meet is it's not all that central. It's 50 mins each way for me for example and I'm at the southern end of North Yorkshire. That's going to be the problem wherever you have it as Yorkshire is such a large area.

Could we not have a regular meet each month where it cycles location between a few of the more ideal locations for everyone?

Or split Yorkshire into North and South? (where everyone from either area is able to attend whatever they fancy)

I think a regular cycle meet would be the better of the options to be honest....

Say one month it is more north, next month it is more central, more east etc etc.... That way everyone in Yorkshire has access to meets if they want to attend.... Add a few random meets into there and a few of the yearly meets/convoys like CSS and Malton breakfast meet etc and in the right amounts and no-one has an excuse not to attend at least 1-2 meets a year

A large part of the problem atm seems to be that any meet posted in Yorkshire of late only gives a week or so notice (can't always be helped) but a month in advance allows people to clear their schedule or free up a couple of hours unless something comes up on the day

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Jim I think it'd be a good idea to have a rep.

I like to be able to get to know some more good driving roads. If we did have regular meets maybe it could have a focus like Jan; Buttertubs. Feb: some other road etc. We could meet somewhere in the general direction of that particular route, drive out and have a cafe/pub stop mid point. Over the year try and vary the places we meet so that, one person isn't having to drive miles each time.

Thing I struggle with is knowing wheres good to drive, I know f*ck all routes so someone else would have to have the knowledge, I am terrible with directions so I don't think i'll be much good apart form taking a few pictures once we get together.

I am also supidly busy with my final year at Uni. What about the first weekend in Feb?

Also my car is a 100% shed.

Ive had a couple if good runs to the butter tubs but there are some awesome roads just east of leeds as well (where all the bikers go).

Plenty of ideas and options and I'm sure if there was a hardcore group of members that regularly attended meets that would eventually generate more.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Could we not have a regular meet each month where it cycles location between a few of the more ideal locations for everyone?

Or split Yorkshire into North and South? (where everyone from either area is able to attend whatever they fancy)

I think a regular cycle meet would be the better of the options to be honest....

Say one month it is more north, next month it is more central, more east etc etc.... That way everyone in Yorkshire has access to meets if they want to attend.... Add a few random meets into there and a few of the yearly meets/convoys like CSS and Malton breakfast meet etc and in the right amounts and no-one has an excuse not to attend at least 1-2 meets a year

A large part of the problem atm seems to be that any meet posted in Yorkshire of late only gives a week or so notice (can't always be helped) but a month in advance allows people to clear their schedule or free up a couple of hours unless something comes up on the day

All valid points dude.

All valid points dude.

Thanks :) so far mate I agree with everything you have said, especially how busy admins and mod are which is all the more reason to help take some strain off them

I think if we are to do this we should help nominate a rep or even a small group of reps and as said above we should get a small group together of the people that will be the most reliable to be the ones putting heads together for regular meets and new driving roads so not all of the pressure is on the rep(s)

For instance I know Snake Pass (wood head pass) is a fantastic driving road just outside of Barnsley iirc (there is one or two speed cameras towards the end) but the road itself is fantastic and has countless bikers flocking to it each year for that very reason

Tbh we could start putting our heads together now for the start of the 2014 meets (say starting mid-January) and start as we mean to go on with a large meet that is as close to Central as we can get

RB Clio 182
Id love a nice drive/meet tbh, im from yorkshire and i havnt really been on very many good roads so it will be an experience for me also.

Id love a nice drive/meet tbh, im from yorkshire and i havnt really been on very many good roads so it will be an experience for me also.

We shall organise a few meets now so you need to pop along, I will be looking forward to the drive meets when I get the new car ;)

If anyone needs pm's sending then I can do that, just message me :)

That will be very much appreciated mate, thank you very much :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd vote for Jim to be rep. I used to try and sort things but I don't have the time these days really.

Jim has always been very keen to sort things.

Give him the chance.

Thanks for the vote pal but with work I tend not to get weekends off that often which would limit me some what unfortunately.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

This is the biggest issue imo. You get 15-25 saying they will come then towards the last few days loads/most always drop out. I appreciate things can't be helped sometimes (after all I've had to drop out before) but you get the feeling some never have any intention to come along.

It becomes disheartening after a few attempts...

It'd also be a good idea to split Yorkshire up a bit, as an example it's a 2h drive for me to get to Whitby for a run out there...

Are there any other regular Yorkshire members (I can't think of any names off the top of the head).

Toby doesn't seem to come on here much these days.

Although I don't post a lot recently I am still on daily but I would prefer more a coalition type of thing with a few of us that will attend meets all the time (90% at least)

Don't have to have a blue name to organise meets, just need to spend a bit of time arranging it all.

Me and Chip-mk1 are arranging meets without blue names, and people turn up too!

Just get a monthly meet started, that's your best bet. Wrong time of year at the min though.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don't have to have a blue name to organise meets, just need to spend a bit of time arranging it all.

Me and @Chip-mk1 are arranging meets without blue names, and people turn up too!

Just get a monthly meet started, that's your best bet. Wrong time of year at the min though.

This.

Whilst we do have 2 area reps at the moment, one is on deployment in Afghanistan and the other doesn't seem to be very active. I'm pretty much handling most of the SW meets at the moment.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nobody is arranging meets though! Maybe the status of a rep may inspire them to do it?!? If we don't need reps then why do other areas have them? Yorkshire has been without a proper rep since Jenic threw in the towel ages ago.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nobody is arranging meets though! Maybe the status of a rep may inspire them to do it?!? If we don't need reps then why do other areas have them? Yorkshire has been without a proper rep since Jenic threw in the towel ages ago.

In my personal opinion (Not shared by everyone I must add), if you aren't willing to organise things as a member, you probably won't bother as a rep either.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
In my personal opinion (Not shared by everyone I must add), if you aren't willing to organise things as a member, you probably won't bother as a rep either.

I was organising meets six years before you joined ;-) but that's not the point. I don't want to be a rep but I like attending the odd meet but there aren't any. I guess the solution is to just carry on as we are then where there are no meets and dog s**t attendance at bigger events.

Generally I agree with this....

But with me being the exception as people generally ignore my meets once they see my name which is why I stopped trying