ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy...

A friend of mine has been posted to Scotland and is selling up a few bits and bobs before he goes.

One of the said bits happens to be a 51 plate Clio dci65. It's got just over 163k on the clock, and he wants £500. It's not amazing to look at, and needs a bit of tidying up, but mechanically, it's rather sound and has had regular services.

I have recently been tempted to get rid of the 182 as it's wasted in Norwich, especially the drive from home to work everyday, along the A47. It's cheap tax, cheap insurance and cheaper to fuel than the 182.

But, is it likely to go bang anytime soon, or is anything else major likely to fail?

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id have it, its worth twice that in parts regardless of millage! Perfect car to get u thru the winter, when i got my first dci a few years back i paid off all my debt within a year thanks to it haha

RB 182
I'd have it, even if it does go bang you should still be able to get £500 worth out of it in bits.

Sold my 306 HDi with 223K on it for £900 so £500 is a billy bargain.

Okay, so it looks like I have bought it.

Should be getting dropped off sometime next week, and then once I get back the work can begin.

It's going to spend a little time in my garage when I first get it. I will give it a good service and have a good look around at the brakes and joints etc. Then I should have it ready for when I start back at work and start the daily hack again.

Kind of excited at the prospect of a new car, nd new stuff to tinker with, but will be a bit sad when the 182 goes up for sale.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
stick some good oil and filter in it, air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter and deffo change the gearbox oil, my box failed at around 160k and the oil was horrible that came out it, i recon i could have saved it had i changed the oil 15/20k before. strip the EGR valve off it and clean it out (we have a guide on www.renaultdci.net)

check the ARB drop links as they are prone to snapping and rear dampers as they will probably be shot too!

other than that they are sound!

Cheers Martin,

They were on my list of things to do. As well as new brakes and some new brake fluid. Probably give it some new coolant too.

Looks like I will have to join renaultdci.net too.

260% JCW
If i was commuting again bud i would buy a diesel hack.

Stav do you want some 172 calipers for it? got the front and rears still on mine.

Cheers for the offer, but I'm good. I have no idea if they will fit the hubs anyway.

Don't get me wrong though, I have already thought of fitting some 1*2 hubs and then buying new 1*2 suspension for it. You know, just to keep me entertained, lol.

260% JCW
I would mate, 1*2 diesel. All the looks and handling without the running costs. Seems like the only option to me. :cool:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i was close to doing it with my old 100 but traded it before i got round to it, needs bottom arms, ARB, hubs, brakes and suspension so not quite as easy as it sounds but not exactly hard!