ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would never ever buy another clio :(

Listerine & Poledo
The insurance on RS's is ridiculous.... I got quoted the same amount for 2005 plate audi s4 as I did for my Clio.

maybe due to the number of 19yr-olds that upgrade from a 1.2 shopping trolley straight into an RS and proceed to wrap it around the nearest lamppost?

Prestige german performance motors are typically beytond the reach of the "yoof"

Stripped yozza'd cup
maybe due to the number of 19yr-olds that upgrade from a 1.2 shopping trolley straight into an RS and proceed to wrap it around the nearest lamppost?

Prestige german performance motors are typically beytond the reach of the "yoof"

I see that, but it's ridiculous that a car that's 3 insurance groups higher, can be the same price. The group should be based on performance, value and crash statistics combined.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i have found that the more i mess with cars, the more they are poorly.

thats with all cars, not just french cars. swings and roundabouts really.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Within 4 months on ownership I needed a brake overhaul... But I assume that's down to my bad driving :)

ITB BG 182
Re: would never buy a clio again :(

Ive considered selling my clio to get a golf gt tdi, I just cant do it, i know this car has its rattles and bangs but still goes better than most people or friends cars that i know of.
Might end up getting a gttdi as a 2nd car now tho and having the clio as a mess around thrash the tits of it weekend car.

i had 3 clio and evey single one cost me stupid money but i still love them and thinking of gettin an 172

Astra SRI/ Hornet

my cliosports have all been ultra reliable. changed a rear shock and a cat in over 3 years of owning them.

320d
I'd have another. The reason I got my mx5 over one is the probability of the RS Clio breaking is more than the MX5 and at the minute that is a priorority due to not wanting to blow savings on car repairs.

172 cup and Saab 9-3
had my 172 cup 7 years mega tight as the day i bought it, 600 quid mot this year but i did put a stealth system on it cos the exhaust was on it's last legs for the mot lol

182 Cup ITB
I see that, but it's ridiculous that a car that's 3 insurance groups higher, can be the same price. The group should be based on performance, value and crash statistics combined.

It's stupid. If I'm the driver then I should be the risk, not the car. I've way way way more risk crashing a Ferrari (and more cost if I do) than a Clio, yet both for me are the same price insurance. It's basically a big rip off. I talked to an insurance company today and they said if I can provide a cheaper quote then they'll beat the price they gave me. "So you'll do it for less if you have to?" I said, and the answer was "Yes, of course!" Last year I got my renewal and it was mental, so I went online and got a £120 cheaper quote. Only thing was, the quote was from the same company. So I rang back and they gave me the cheaper price. Thieves, all of 'em.