ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a Knackered Front Right Shock Cause...

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
..my car to pull to the right? I've had the tracking done and that's fine but the car pulls to the right still (tyre pressures also ok).

Would it also cause excessive knocking crashing and banging when wheelspinning?

I hear a thud when hitting a speed bump or going over the other side on the same side too.

Could it be the dampners?

..my car to pull to the right? I've had the tracking done and that's fine but the car pulls to the right still (tyre pressures also ok).

Would it also cause excessive knocking crashing and banging when wheelspinning?

I hear a thud when hitting a speed bump or going over the other side on the same side too.

Could it be the dampners?

....when wheel spinning? does this happen often?

knocks like that sounds like what happens when the gearbox mount is loose. No idea why it pulls to right though

You need to get it up in the air to get access to the ball joints/bushes/subframe bolts in the stearing and suspension to see what's up. Sounds like there's wear in something. It could be just a lower arm outer ball joint, but on a forum its just guess-work, it needs to be looked at.

Clio 172
Got my tracking done a while back at a decent garage & they told me they couldn't do it until new ball joints were fitted due to excessive play. Dodgy Dog bone mount will caus a big creaking noise under acceleration if its worn too but easy to tell caus your gear stick will be shaking about like a post crack binge mr blobby