ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would 2118's work with Sportlines, or would it still look to high?

205 GTI, Clio 182
So my 182 is being delivered this week, and I have a set of 2118's in the cupboard. It's running Sportlines on it atm, with stock shocks. Will it be low enough to make the 2118's work?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Possibly not, tend to find coilovers work best with the 2118's. Worth a go though.

500 Twinair
Try them first, but I dont think sportlines will lower the car enough fo them to look good, and taking in to account the 2118's are 15's as well.
Coilovers will lower it enough, look at ktec or vmax if you dont want to spend to much.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Worth a go!

I don't think my coilovers are set all that much lower than sportlines (are sportlines supposed to be 40mm?) and my 2118's looks fine! :)

205 GTI, Clio 182
Yeah. My sportlines sit perfectly with the stock 182 wheels. I think it's around a 30mm drop

dsc2637.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
Can see the height of mine from here; going on how it's sitting at the rear it doesn't look all that much lower tbh! :)

4937309611_a243636527_z.jpg

Looking at the photo of yours, I'd say it'll look fine on 2118s!

205 GTI, Clio 182
Great. oliver, it was your car that made me want to get Speedlines. Saw it when browsing one day unregistered in the top banner, and spent hours reading about them :D

Ollie's Silver Cup
:rasp:

The only other thing to possibly consider is cleaning up the hubs, as the 2118's don't have centre caps.

I've still not got around to doing mine lol!