ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wortk mileage in my car

Ive been told that ill only get 18p per mile for using my privately owned 182 for company activities - i.e meetings.

Thought this was pretty miserly - anyone out there get mileage and if you dont mind me being so bold - how much do you get per mile.

Gonna get some evidence before I tackle my boss

Just not gonna cover maintenance etc

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

mine used to be .40, now it is .33, and I do a lot of company mileage! 18p is sh*te for a 1998cc car!.

320d

Mines 40p per mile as a casual user

Think you get taxed on it if you get any more than that per mile so 40p is the best available

Thats what I thought - tight.

will address the subject with my md...

33p sounds alright - bet he gets loads for his 4.6 range rover

will let you know the outcome.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I never use the 182 for work business - only driving too and from the place drinks enough! If I had to use it though, Id get 35p per mile. 18p is really taking the p*ss out of you m8.

D.

I get 30p per mile, not great really but better than 18p! Normally its about 40p per mile depending on how many miles you do!

7.6cc :D

Refuse to use your car for work then? Its not a company car.

Start getting taxis to the places you need to go, theyll soon up their offer surely?

I get 40p a mile but anything over about 100 miles i get a hire car as it works out cheaper for them.

BTW 40p is the max allowed tax free by inland revenue, anything over that and itll be taxed.

I would do as Jill says and not use my own car for company business, 18p is a bit of a piss take as that will only just cover the petrol.

Yeah when working in the UK we were on 49p but then dropped to 40p guess this was when they changed that tax system on it then..

If you use your car for work you can claim up to Inland Revenue Limits on your tax return.

This equates to:

First 10,000 miles - 40p per mile

Over 10,000 miles - 25p per mile

I receive 15p per mile from my employer and I claim the remainder on my tax return. So to summarise if you use your car for business purposes you can all claim up to 40p per mile as an allowance. NOTE: You cannot claim for journeys to and from your place of work.

The Jinx

I get 35p/mile. Id tell em to get stuffed unless its in your contract. I think companies should be made to cover the extra inurance as well. Ive started refusing site visits now as I am not willing to fork out extra for business cover.

Cheers Scooby - good tip.

But by the fact that they take the piss Im gonna start booking train tickets for everywhere on my company credit card - far more expensive and more far hassle!

Read my email again - EVERYONE CAN CLAIM 40P PER MILE on their tax return. You will get a tax rebate at the end of the year (Christmas bonus?)

Quote: Originally posted by scooby on 12 January 2005Read my email again - EVERYONE CAN CLAIM 40P PER MILE on their tax return. You will get a tax rebate at the end of the year (Christmas bonus?)  

I did Scooby hence good tip - doing it out of spite

[Edited by tombourne182 on 1/12/2005 3:14:01 PM]

Do they give you an allowance to own the car and make it avaliable for business? If not then i think the inland revenue rate is about 45p per mile? (thats waht I get). Could be wrong though!!

172 GTR

The wife is a Dentist. The NHS pay 23p:(. As do all public sector workers. 18p is sh!te. 50-60p is very good though:)

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

40p per mile if I use my car for meetings etc... If its over 100 miles in a day, they provide a hire car :)

tiTTy & SV650

Im fairly certain theres some government figure which is probably for guidance only- and its about 40p!

Dunno where you can confirm this, I get 40p a mile for business and love it! 182 aint too thirsty I do about 700miles a week and get 34mpg and I dont exactly drive slowly.

34mpg is luxury compared to my old 205gti at least...

Its definate - 40 per mile for the first 10,000 miles

I work in Financial Services linked to a firm of Accountants and these figures are correct.

RB 197 + Cup Pack

What scooby says is deninately correct....i do the employees mileage expenses where i work n tax returns etc. Even if you are receiving less that the authorised sum of 40p which the Inland Revenue states, you can claim an extra tax allowance of the difference in the Travel and Subsistence costs bit of your tax return.

Scoobies right it doesnt matter if your employer pays 1 p a mile as you can effectivly claim the other .39p back!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I work for the Government and get 40p a mile up to 10,000 miles standard rate.

They also offer some staff "Public transport" rate of 25p a mile.You can either take the public transport rate or they will pay for public transport.Tight arses !

Im one of the lucky ones that get 40p a mile,but i can only claim that if going somewhere else other than my normal place of work.I also get a monthly payment for use of a car,it used to be a cheque once a year based on home to work mileage but last year it changed to a monthly payment.No more once a year cheques but it amounts to the same paid monthly.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 13 January 2005
.... and check that your insurance covers you for business use!

Exactly.....Thats why we have pool cars for business use.

CLIO

i get 40 p a mile,but thats just for goin to work and back,i dont use once im there,works out i get 40 quid a week for juice,but next week i get my company van so even better...;)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

25 PPM, but that is in a 1.2.

I think anything above a 1.8 and its 40 PPM.

Its great though, every time I have to travel for work, I usually make 2/3 of the amont (1/3 for petrol).

And its Cash In Hand/

Confused the hell out of them when I offered to do a 200 mile round trip every day for a week.