ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

Rusty Cup
I think this look is more a cry for help than a fashion statement but either way its fully out there!!!!

I present to you the "half rat look"

oldsmobiletoronadohalfa.jpg

oldsmobiletoronadohalfa-3.jpg

oldsmobiletoronadohalfa-2.jpg

oldsmobiletoronadohalfa-1.jpg

1eight2
That SLR is awful, my poor eyes!

These are my favorite worst modification...

enkei_11.jpg

Fake disc brakes over drums...

I was gonna make some comment about life being too short to really "hate" any of these little things. If people wanna do things to their car what concern is it of yours.... But then I saw that SLR... I hate that. What a fuckin abortion that thing is!

BMW 118d
The new golf does it

Stupid idea imo, i just thought my mate had a foglight out when he followed me out of the works carpark

Odd. I always found the cornering lights on my 197 a great hoot on a country lane. Not essential but helped with tight cornering!

some full on r****d suggestions in here, granted a few are valid, but again they are opinion. Just because its not your scene or look it doesnt make it bad.

Pointless thread kittens, one mans poison is another mans vaccine.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
some full on r****d suggestions in here, granted a few are valid, but again they are opinion. Just because its not your scene or look it doesnt make it bad.

Pointless thread kittens, one mans poison is another mans vaccine.

+1

clio 200 F4Rt
Worst trends... Car forum keyboard warriors

oh and 'track cars' that never see the track.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
whats peoples problems with stanced cars ? are you just jelous that they look nice or what ?

i can understand over stretched tyres not being to someones taste but the stance side of it always without fail looks better than a car having its wheels hidden under the car

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think stance cars look retarded, the ones with the wheels almost layiing flat on the geound.

I remember seeing a honda S200 on here. Was awful!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think stance cars look retarded, the ones with the wheels almost layiing flat on the geound.

I remember seeing a honda S200 on here. Was awful!

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
before i start this is my opinion each to there own its your car at the end of the day anyways
headlights eyelash's
headlight brows
cheap alloys
10'' exhausts
go faster stripes
fluffy dice
bodykits that look like they was fitted by a child with playdough
sun strips (unless its a track ****)
mpower badges (when its a 316i)
could keep going but ill stop 4 now haha

Vw caddy tdi
Keep it stock and subtle loud exhausts nono, performance and handling enhancements yes, small amount of induction engine turbo noise yes.

Ibiza SC
The "fog light w**ker" trend. I'm* trying to start a "Full Beam in their face" trend. Otter c**ts.

Especially those Nissan Jukes, OK fair enough they aren't exactly a 'performance' car but I've seen a couple in the last week or so with 3 sets of lights on inc. fogs.

Ibiza SC
A peeve of mine recently is people who RUIN perfectly good cars. By this I mean an example round my area, young lad has got a white Ibiza Bocanegra with black wheels, proper smart, I've admired it a couple of times before he started modding. Anyway, each time I've seen it there's something been done to it to ruin it. He's slammed it on it's arse, tinted the rear windows and lights, blacked out the rear and front badges, stuck a s**tty picture of a turbo on the back as well as a 'neverbeen' sticker, and hung a set of black fluffy dice from the rear tow hook. He then proceeds to sit in McDonalds carpark with his mate + Saxo and another mate + Corsa 1.2. He's there every night I go up for scran.

Ruined.

Those Audi LED strip lights too, my Mrs's ex has them taped all over his Astra diesel, bellend.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've never been bored at a vw show, this is because the cars tend to be different! I can't really say the same about cliosport meets.

Each to their own.

xD
No really, I've seen a couple and they look like bloody spaceships cruising along with all those lights on!

It's cos the sidelights are on top of the bonnet and the headlights are in the middle so you get two seperate lights at all times when the headlights are on

Clio 172
The "rat" look, never understood the appeal or how others could.

I like rat look on the old VW campers and beetles, forced rat look on new cars is just someone ruininbg paintwork and the look of a car for no reason. Genuine rat look came from cars as thats literally how they looked, albeit the look was aided a bit but slammed campers on nice rims with faded paint and minimalist everything look awsome...fact.

BMW M Lite
my audi has them as standard. means they dont judder and wipe properly at 70mph

Mine seem to wipe properly and don't judder at 70 mph. Besides if they're fitted as standard then they aren't a mod are they?

I don't dislike them for what they are. I dislike the whopping great chrome alloy neon aftermarket tat versions people attach. I'm sure on your Audi they are very discreet, bespoke and functional items.