ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worrying knocking from front left of car when turning right and going uphill

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
I have a Mk2 Ph2 1.6 that I recently replaced the suspension on. I didn't notice anything under the car when I did it, but when going into multistorey car parks theres a worrying knocking coming from the front left.

Any thoughts as to what I should be looking for before I have a look at the weekend?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
On the flat its fine, its just when you're going right and uphill in a multistorey car park.
The suspensions always felt a bit crap though going over bumps so thats why I got newer springs and shocks to replace knackered ones.

Just been under the car and noticed a couple of things...
Balljoint is fine.
Where the driveshaft meets the engine, it looks to be a bit leaky round the O ring part.
Where the driveshaft meets the wheel (this must be the CV boot joint?) it's tied on with cable ties rather than a jubilee and has slipped away from the wheel a bit.
The steering rack gaiter is also split on this side.
The ARB bushes look pretty tired. Really cracked and grey looking.

I guess it could be all of them? But I'd like to start with the most likely suspect before tackling the others...

If the CV boot is held on with cable ties, chances are it's shat it's grease out at some point and the person who's had it has just sealed it back up. I'd be replacing the shaft as the CV knuckle is probably fried.

Driveshaft change is easy but looking at that picture I'd get the driveshaft off remove the zip tie clean the shaft up pack it full of grease and put a proper driveshaft clip on it and try that. If it quietens it look at getting a shaft rebuilt there not to much

Mondeo TDCI 130
Driveshaft change is easy but looking at that picture I'd get the driveshaft off remove the zip tie clean the shaft up pack it full of grease and put a proper driveshaft clip on it and try that. If it quietens it look at getting a shaft rebuilt there not to much

MY GOD! Where the hell have you been hiding dude? Welcome! :)