ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WorldSeries Clio Most recent..

MK3, RX450H.
Since being on here, I've put various photo's of my car. Didn't at the time think about doing a progress thread.
These photo's where taking recently and I'm in two minds whether to sell up and get a 1.8T Polo gti MK7 or just keep it and spend the money that I would pay on insurance on coilovers, remap etc.

acb7f6ea.jpg

b57d04ab.jpg

Me and a few mates found a tunnel covered in graffiti, so thought it would be a good idea to take a few pictures then.

Cal11.jpg

Cal4.jpg

Cal2.jpg

CalGaz1.jpg

Plans if I keep will be Coilovers, remap, maybe a set of new alloys, thinking about a different exhaust, also maybe a cup spoiler. Idea's are welcome :)
I'm a newbie to photography but I figured learning to use a camera properly now, will help me all round with the career I'm hoping for and just random snap shots of scenery etc. Hope you like.

MK3, RX450H.
I did think that when I was buying them. It was a toss up between them or white. I'll go and get some white lol. Standard where a yellowy colour. Wasn't very nice.

MK3, RX450H.
Just literally PM'd you lol.
It's near Eastmid's airport.
I'm still on the lookout for a better Graffiti tunnel or wall.

M135i
looks good man, needs white led sidelights tho not a fan of the blue, plus you ever thought about colour coding the black plastics at the front either side of the number plate?

MK3, RX450H.
To be honest, that's never run through my mind.
I can imagine it to make the car look better as well.
I'll look into it.. cheers.

M135i
yeh would look better my dads got a GT model in same shape and they come with them already gloss black looks alot smarter

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Just get coilovers then enjoy it for a while ;) buid up more no claims then buy something quicker ie the polo gti you were thinking of

MK3, RX450H.
Yano the massive roundabout where you can go off down M1 and all that jazz? - course you do, you live near there..
Well on that roundabout there's a exit which looks asif it's just a dead end. Take that exit, and you'll come to a gate, Quite a tight fit through but once your through, just follow the path down for about 50-100yards until you see the tunnel. It's a public footpath, that's why we went down late at night and extra quiet.But it's all lit up anyways.. We grabbed some quick photo's and shot off.

You know what, I can't actually picture that roundabout. You mean the one with the M1 on it at Junction 24? or 23a? (23a is where the services are)

Just google mapped it and there is a gate just before the roundabout with the services, is that where you mean?

I'm confused! I drive round that roundabout every day going to and from work and can't picture anything that looks like a dead end. I'll have to go out for a drive and see if I can find it :)

MK3, RX450H.
You'll know where it is when you see it.
I think there's a sign saying something about fly tipping..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
am i the only one who likes the blue sidelights? meh...

what bhp are these putting out standard and what would a remap take it too? spacers and coilovers would be win :)... awesome car none the less, love the central exhaust exit

MK3, RX450H.
I'll have to get Harpham to come with me. seen as he has a decent camera

If we get a small few to go down we could get some awesome shots with Harphams photography skills.

am i the only one who likes the blue sidelights? meh...

what bhp are these putting out standard and what would a remap take it too? spacers and coilovers would be win :)... awesome car none the less, love the central exhaust exit

Haha, I didn't think they would be that bright in all fairness, and I still don't hate them. But white will more than likely look a lot better.
The car at standard is 100bhp. The staight through exhaust after being on a dyno was 109, but at exhausts uk it was 111. The remap takes it up around 30bhp. So the car would be around 139-141bhp.
I was contemplating getting a new bumper and having a double exhaust but just either side of the car.

I'll have to get Harpham to come with me. seen as he has a decent camera
HAII
If we get a small few to go down we could get some awesome shots with Harphams photography skills.
HAIIIII :D

I like how im a noob at photography, but already have a reputation on taking decent pics lol. Sort it out. Im up for going down there one time.
Dave, I can remember you saying you wanted some graffiti photos lol.
Mini meet, yeah?!!

MK3, RX450H.
I'm getting into photography. Got a lovely shot of the dog earlier today.
DSCF0728.jpg

& I'm game for the minimeet.! :)

^ Check it out on your commute, see if you can find it, then decide whether it's a night-time job ;)

You know im a jobless, Uni w**ker, so im available quite alot, aslong as it doesnt take up too much of my work time lol. Could try one of these bank holiday weekends?

EDIT: Nice pic Cal. What camera are you using?

Sod checking it out on my commute, junction 24 is the single worst part of my journey going home and coming back, far too much traffic.

Are you coming to Skegness on Sunday? (invited you on fb, in case you cant remember) Could potentially do it after that?

MK3, RX450H.
^ Check it out on your commute, see if you can find it, then decide whether it's a night-time job ;)

You know im a jobless, Uni w**ker, so im available quite alot, aslong as it doesnt take up too much of my work time lol. Could try one of these bank holiday weekends?

EDIT: Nice pic Cal. What camera are you using?

It's a definite night time jobbo.
It's a fujifilm thing. It's my camera so only had the £450 to spend at the time.

Sod checking it out on my commute, junction 24 is the single worst part of my journey going home and coming back, far too much traffic.
Are you coming to Skegness on Sunday? (invited you on fb, in case you cant remember) Could potentially do it after that?
LOL... And no matey. I seen the invite, but I have Football on Sundays. Tbh, I wouldnt mind a trip up Skegvegas now the weather is picking up!
It's a definite night time jobbo.
It's a fujifilm thing. It's my camera so only had the £450 to spend at the time.
One night soon it is then ;) . Lol, cant be bad for that price then... My Canon 500D cost me £500ish.

Last edited:
  BG 182
I would definately look into getting a nice set of coilovers for that baby, would look the nuts tbh

Ultra 197
I really like that bud. Think coilovers and spacers are a win. Keep the centre exhaust looks different but good think that makes the back look as good as it does.

MK3, RX450H.
Cheers guys. Looks like I'm buying some coilovers then. Got around 8months until I'll possibly be changing.
I'll buy them, and some spacers and post a new thread. Could some direct me in the right way on spacers please, like a website link. Also there opinions on coilovers would be appreciated.

Looks good mate, definately colour code the bumpers, I did my mk2 bump strips the other day and it looks so much better.

Whats with the randomly placed cliosport decal?

MK3, RX450H.
Looks good mate, definately colour code the bumpers, I did my mk2 bump strips the other day and it looks so much better.

Whats with the randomly placed cliosport decal?
Cheers mate. The cliosport sticker is stuck on the end of the bonnet, 'Mk3s have baby bonnets'. It looks smart if you could tell. I'll upload a pic soon.