ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won't start

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Right, first time this has happened since I bought the LY. Drove it this morning all fine, went to move it earlier and it's not starting. Immobiliser light is going out, and all lights etc are fine so I'm assuming the battery is fine. When I go to start it, nothing happens, I just get a constant quiet beep, and nothing at all is happening, any ideas? Assuming it's starter related, but can't see how to get to it to check the connections etc.

Help greatly appreciated, don't want to have to deal with breakdown home assist if I can help it.

Nothing from the starter at all no clicks? You may need to give it a knock see if that gets it into life

Ps. Its by the exhaust manifold

172cup
As said trying giving the starter a knock or if it bump starts then I bet it's the starter I take it the red flashing light go's out ?

Renault clio 2005
Had a Similar Experience recently Turned out it was the battery. You could try jump starting or charging battery. On Mine all the lights and radio were working perfectly but the starter motor would not turn over. Rac Guy said the starter motor requires much more power to turn over than lights or radio e.t.c

Similar thing happened to mine, turned out the be the lower earth strap.

Way to test it out is the a jump lead and put it on the negative on the battery and the put the other end on the engine block some where. If it starts then its a bad earth.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
About an hour after I posted this, I went to start it and it started perfectly, and has been fine again since. But thanks for the advice, I'm sure it'll pop up again soon and then I'll give the recommended solutions a go.

I'd assumed it was starter related, but from what I can see, there's no way to get to the starter from the top of the bay?

Clio 1.4 16V 2003 ex
Try to clean the Crankshaft sensor under the airfilter box..
ybysurad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2