ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won't idle 172 / 182 engine

R5 GTT
Just gone to fire up my 172 / 182 conversion for the 1st time, but doesn't hold idle see video attached any idea's? She is defo getting fuel to the rail and obviously sparkies are firing aswell. what controls the idle on this engines?

th_MVI_4989.gif

Any advice welcome

Many thanks James

ITB'd MK1
which plenum are you using? looks like there's no idle control valve on it, which you need on a ph1 engine/ECU setup.

Does it run if you hold the throttle open a bit? you might get away with adjusting the throttle stop. It wont be spot on though

R5 GTT
which plenum are you using? looks like there's no idle control valve on it, which you need on a ph1 engine/ECU setup

I am using a phase 2 172 engine that I have converted to phase 1 setup, so I have a phase 2 plenium that has I have converted to take the ctb , so I need an idle control valve anyone got a pic or a part number for one of these or know any other Renault model these are on

R5 GTT
you need a ph1 plenum as it's the only one with a hole for the valve. Either that, or convert to proper management ;)

Lack of funds for standalone unfortunatly at the mo.

I will get one of these ICV's and just drill and tap the plenium as necessary also looks like my 044 fuel pump is knackered just checked the fuel line to the rail and nothing:( strange it was working ok the other day