ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonky Window

"Navy" N17 TWO
My passenger window switch isn't showing any signs of life - no clicking from the relays
Swapped the switch today for one I know works and blasted the connections with cleaner without any luck

The drivers side will work normally for both windows
Controlling the passenger side from the drivers switch seems to be a lot slower (as if the motor struggles to get the glass up again!)

Anyone had or seen this problem before?

Thanks in advance

A guy from here had similar problems where the passenger window is inoperable regardless but when power is applied to the regulator via external source it works as normal he found it to be a faulty relay.

He and myself have removed the relay and bridged connections and no further problems have occurred. I think he's called andy_casey, I'll have a mooch for the thread.

EDIT - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...er-side-window-Ph2-UCH-investigation-solution

"Navy" N17 TWO
Also - the drivers side wouldn't control the passenger window while the passenger switch was disconnected.

I thought that a bit odd too :/

Yeah same here I once had the drivers side switch operating the passenger with opposite operation down was up, up was down.

French electronics baffle me. Works as normal now.

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Sounds like a slightly different problem to mine. If one switch controls it but not the other then I'd be looking at wiring. Replacement door loom is cheap enough secondhand, got to be worth s shot.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Well that puts it in a new light altogether - regulator/motor problem? Or loom as said above?

It's really an elimination process - like everything else electrical in the Clio :(

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
The power to the passenger side window is controlled by a relay on the UCH. IIRC, the switch is held live, unlike the one-touch passenger side but it's a few months ago that I was playing about with all this.

If the driver's side passenger switch is working but not the passenger side switch, then there may be a break in the wiring. do a continuity test and see what you can find.