ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonder Wheels

Hi Got my first Clio Sport on Wednesday has Black Satin Wheels on it, whats the best thing to use on them? Have used Wonder Wheels on a previous Car, but some people say its acidic and can damage your wheels? Look forward to the advice.
Jerry

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I wouldn't use it on powder coated wheels, I presume you mean the one you can get at Asda for like £2? I've used it with decent results but usually just use the sudds that are left in my shampoo bucket after i've washed the car.

A slow blue one.
Used wonder wheels once and never again. Happened to get a little on the back of my hand (unbroken skin) whilst using it and it stung like a muthafukah.

How come smart wheels hasn't been mentioned? £20 for 5 litres, recommended minimum dilution to 1:5 vs Bilberry at £25 for 5 litres with the exact same recommended minimum dilution ratio. Both seem to get a share of good reviews so can't see the logic of paying an extra few quid unless I'm missing something?

Used wonder wheels once and never again. Happened to get a little on the back of my hand (unbroken skin) whilst using it and it stung like a muthafukah.

How come smart wheels hasn't been mentioned? £20 for 5 litres, recommended minimum dilution to 1:5 vs Bilberry at £25 for 5 litres with the exact same recommended minimum dilution ratio. Both seem to get a share of good reviews so can't see the logic of paying an extra few quid unless I'm missing something?

Size. Does the OP or any general car cleaner want 5litres of a product. Probably not.

But a fair shout.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Smart wheels is good if you're doing it full time.

Orchid Car Care's new wheel cleanse is fantastic. As is the ever impressive Autobrite Brite Gel.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I would say Autoglym wheel cleaner is pretty good but check before you use it on them !

Autoglym wheel cleaner is s**te, well at least the "special" wheel cleaner I bought from my old Powdercoated ones was!

No the branded stuff thats £10 from Amazon or £14.99 from halford, comes with the little brush

Yeah, this stuff?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004SND37W/ref=asc_df_B004SND37W5294484?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004SND37W

Wonder-Wheels-U-wheel-cleaner.jpg

£2 at Asda if so when I bought it. Think it's 2 for £5 now.

Not a 320d

Orchid Car Care's new wheel cleanse is fantastic. As is the ever impressive Autobrite Brite Gel.

Wasnt a fan of fart wheels. I love espuma revolution but its expensive. I use bilberry but only because my wheels arent bad. If they need more agressive treatment I use Espuma Revolution and then Iron X

Fiesta ST200
AG acid free wheel cleaner, works perfectly, just agitate it.

Then maybe supaguard wheel sealant if your super cool ;)

A slow blue one.

Gally can you point me in the direction I can get some of that Orchid wheel cleanse? Fancy trying something new, tried a quick search on the usual sights but can't find anything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you on Detailing world mate?

If not look at Autobrite Brite Gel. Just make sure you get a black spray head. Lot stronger mate.

It's similar to the wheel cleanse and probably cheaper.

A slow blue one.
Are you on Detailing world mate?

If not look at Autobrite Brite Gel. Just make sure you get a black spray head. Lot stronger mate.

It's similar to the wheel cleanse and probably cheaper.

Yeah I am, have read through Orchard's threads once or twice before but haven't been able to find it on the usual suspects i.e i4d, Elite, CYC, PB etc
Just checked the Brite Gel, might try that out. Can foresee the answer to this one but I'm going to ask anyway, I'm guessing that because it's in gel form it's not designed to be diluted?

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah mate I dilute it sometimes half and half with water, it's a waste using it just as a gel.

Half and half still lets it cling gel wise. Just give it a good shake when mixing mate.

I think Ronnie is taking orders via email and phone just now for Orchard.

A slow blue one.
I wasn't expecting it could be diluted, thought by diluting it it'd reduce it's ability to cling. Might give that a try. It works out a hell of a lot cheaper than the last product I tried, Wolfs Decon Gel. I loved that stuff but for a pre-mixed cleaner £10 for 1 litre is fairly expensive.
How much is Ronnie asking for the wheel cleanse?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The brite gel will be fine mate, It loves agitation though. If you haven't got an EZ wheel brush yet get one.

The decon gel is now an ironx style product then should have realised that before advertising it as a wheel cleaner. It should be used after the wheels are clean. :)

Wheel Cleanse I have no idea I got my bottle for free and it's very good.

A slow blue one.
I remember ClioToby using it in a similar way to Iron-X however he didn't think it was quite as effective, guess there's no replacement for the best!
I got decon gel when it was still being promoted as a wheel cleaner, can't remember how long ago that was now! Even though it was sold as a wheel cleaner I couldn't bring myself to use it too often simply because of how much it cost in the first place, although it did exactly what it was intended for and very well I might add.

Thanks for the advice though Gally, I'll give Brite Gel a go first and then move onto the Orchard Wheel Cleanse if I fancy trying something different again! :)