ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woman trying to do me out of money, has she messed up big time?

306 GTI-6
I recently knocked a car in the works car park whilst reversing. I got out straight away, and saw I had scratched the corner of her front bumper and craacked the indicator lens cover. I went straight in, found out whose car it was and we went and looked at the car. She tried to say that the whole front bumper was hanging off and that there were now gaps that shouldnt be there. Now I thought she was taking the p*ss, as it wasnt a particularly hard impact. She pointed out some previous damage to me where her neighbours trailer lid had smacked her bonnet and front wing leaving big dents.

Now, we swapped third party details, but I said that if she got some quotes I would see about paying for the damage, or going through insurance if it was too much.

Well I have heard nothing from her, and then today I found out she has spoken to the lad who was a passenger in my car.

Her car is in being fixed, having new wings, bonnet, bumper and lens cover. She is running around in a Jaguar x-type courtesy car as well. She told him this and said she doesnt mind if I pay personally or go through insurance.

Now, she is getting it fixed BEFORE coming to me with quotes, so I am naturally going to refuse to pay, as I think she is trying to get previous damage fixed by me. Am I correct in thinking that my insurance company will basically tell her to go to hell, as they havent been able to inspect the car prior to the damage being repaired, and especially as I am going to contest the amount of damage she claims I have caused?

306 GTI-6
I do have pics, but things is. Surely my insurance wont pay out if they havent been able to assess the damage and agree to the repairs beforehand?

I am quite willing to take this through the insurance now, as I know she is taking the piss. I was doing 3mph tops, so there is no way that her front wing on other side of the car needs to be replaced. The fact she pointed out previous damage to the car caused by her neighbour as well.

Plus, I made my insurance company aware of all this beforehand, and that as far as I was concerned we were going to sort it out without the insurance. So they know that I think she was trying to get previous damage fixed at my expense.

Last edited:
  Ph1 172 + Combo van
ask her for the copy of her bill, add up the repairs for the damage you caused, then pay that or go and get a quote for the damage at a different garage and give her that money.

306 GTI-6
She is already having it repaired, so another garage wont be able to quote on the damage. I have a good mind to let her go through the insurance now for trying to rip me off. I really didnt mind paying for the damage I did cause, but am not willing to have her take me for a ride.

ITB BG 182
I know some one who had the same problem, its not going to be easy for you put it that way.
Get all the pictures as big as you can like A4 or some thing of the damage and mark on the picture of what you did in one colour an then what was already there in a differnt colour and send it off to the insurance company by recorded mail.
Phone them aswell to talk about what has happend and get your mate (passenger) to write a statement out saying what she told him. Also put the type of car you damaged and then what she had as a courtesy car, because if you damaged a fiesta then she should not have a jag to drive around in.
An like above find the bill for all the repairs thats being done then price up only what you caused to the car, an tell the insurance company that you'll pay that amount.
(this is what i did anyway ppl on here may say different)

Ill try find out some more if i can. Im sure people on here will help you

306 GTI-6
Ah right.

I was hoping it would be a case of the insurance saying they wont pay as she has had repairs done before they assessed the car, and didnt use their approved repairers. I could then turn around and offer to pay her for the damage i caused, as a gesture of goodwill.

Incidentally, her car is a 1999 Mazda 323f 1.8.

Her courtesy car is a 54 plate Jaguar Xtype 2.5 litre.

Pretty sure that confirms she is trying to milk me for every penny she can.

306 GTI-6
Its not annoying enough. I have visions of a huge bill coming through. I am obviously going to dispute the damage she says I caused, because she previously told me about and pointed out damage caused by her neighbour.

I know insurance companies take every opportunity offered to them to not pay out, so am just looking for clarification.

If I challenge the damage she says I caused, and the insurance company havent been able to inspect the car, will they dismiss her claim?

Static Low
I suspect they will yes.
because as you say.. they try to get out of paying for anything.
I think shes screwing herself over

Last edited:
I think that the is trying to shaft you. How much is a '99 323f worth ?? A grand or so ?
If she has all that work done to it (ie half the cost of the car) she'll end up with a write off.

306 GTI-6
Should I fill in insuance forms now, or wait to see if she makes a claim against me when i tell her to poke the potentially extortionate bill?

306 GTI-6
Update, her courtesy car whislt her 99 plate Mazda 323f is being worked on (i resisit saying the word fixed as there wasnt that much wrong with it, at least not caused by me) is a 57 plate Jaguar x type 2litre diesel.

Not what I would class as like for like. So dare say the bill just for the courtesy car will be big, as she has already had it 2 days at least.

306 GTI-6
I really do think she is tryin to take the p*ss big time. I can understand her being annoyed that I hit her car. But accidents do happen, there were no witnesses and no CCTV footage, and I could have driven off but didnt. I totally believe she is having previous unrepaired damage fixed and is going to try and bill me for it. Then the courtesy car takes the biscuit too.

She didnt come to me with quotes as we agreed beforehand, so I could decide if I would pay or go through insurance. Think I am going to make her try to pursue a claim. Am currently about 95% certain my insurance company wont pay out as she has already had the car in to be fixed, and I will be disputing the amount of damage caused.

A ANIMAL
If anything more comes of it say you didn't hit it - she can't prove you did. Also insurances companies will not pay any amount in cases like this as unless they agree otherwise you HAVE to have damage repaired by the garage they suggest. Also she has had the damaged repaired already so another nail in her coffin as the insurance comapny will agree a price before any work can begin (i am a motor insurance underwriter BTW)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sounds like she is out to try and get you but from above sounds like she has owned herself. I wouldn't have thought any company would pay out without inspecting first.

To really take the piss, get your insurance company out to inspect the damage AFTER its all fixed and then get them to reject it as nothing needs doing, that'll piss her off more.

306 GTI-6
Sounds like she is out to try and get you but from above sounds like she has owned herself. I wouldn't have thought any company would pay out without inspecting first.

To really take the piss, get your insurance company out to inspect the damage AFTER its all fixed and then get them to reject it as nothing needs doing, that'll piss her off more.

i like your thinking, lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

i like your thinking, lol

LOL

Self ownage for sure me thinks...silly cow.

audi a6 3.0tdi
deny all knowledge of it and pay your mate to say the same. She is quite clearly trying to rip you off. as you said earlier your insurance will dissmiss it as there is no damage to assess and no evidence to prove you did it.

In between cars....
I cant see any angle by which she could try and rip you off, the work done is clearly more than the cost of the car, no insurance company would ever shell that out

and theres no proof of any damage done, no police involvement, camera in the car park?

Your insurance company would have to have been made aware before any insuance repairs could be made, and at what point has an assessment been done

Maybe there is somthing else going on you dont know about....

CLIO Iceberg 172
fly to mexico and run, then you will never have any comeback lol...

na she has completly fudged herself on this, when i smashed a X type jag (my metro's kriptonight) we went through the issurance and they did an inspection of the jag before my issurance company payed out (£1200 for a scratch on the rear bumper)

shes prob being told by her husband (3 whole brain cells) to get eveything done and charge it all back to you cos you tryed to do the right thing and offer to pay for it, they are prob thinking iv won the lotto...

her paying for it before the whole proceedings and before giving you qoutes and basicly saying, "dont worry about it ill pay for it all to be fixed..." isurance company will see it that way too.

if your really worryed about where you stand you could try going to citizens advise... they are prity good at giving you the facts and help you know where you stand

Clio 200
insurance wont pay her hire car costs, she has to mitgiate her losses and a jaguar aint a like for like as a mazda 323

and tbh if it went through insurance and you didnt admit it was your fault to your insurers, Her insurance company or her would have to proove it was you which wont happen if there was no witnesses/cctv

306 GTI-6
Well apparently she has her mazda back now, and its all fixed. I am still waiting to hear anything from her about it since the day it happened.

Have had no quotes, no mention from her it was being fixed, no contact from her insurance company, and no contact from my insurance company over it.

This could make being at work interesting!

306 GTI-6
What made me laugh is that apprently on the same night someone through her sandwiches in the bin. When the other person went in the fridge the sandwiches were mouldy and stale looking so she binned them. Said owner of sandwiches fished them out and ate them.

How horrible it would be if someone wiped their c**k or something on her sandwiches one night

306 GTI-6
Thats it, I had absolutely no objection initially to paying for damage I may have caused. But I object to paying her anything now as she is blatantly trying to take me for a ride.

Wonder what her reaction will be when I tell her to Jog on.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
post pics up, but no real evidence, no police involvment, i for one think your a good dude for holding your hands up but shes trying to take advantage of that so no more mr nice guy, deny all knowledge simply because shes a c*nt, she dont have a leg to stand on, she may have claimed through her insurance and they'll try get money from yours, they will fight it but dont see there being much to fight if no ones came and assessed the damage, she'll be claiming whiplash next !!!!

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Do the the exact same damage to her car again. Then tell her, "Now let me show you how insurance works...."

...if you're feeling somewhat guilty of course ;)

306 GTI-6
I cant see any angle by which she could try and rip you off, the work done is clearly more than the cost of the car, no insurance company would ever shell that out

and theres no proof of any damage done, no police involvement, camera in the car park?

Your insurance company would have to have been made aware before any insuance repairs could be made, and at what point has an assessment been done

Maybe there is somthing else going on you dont know about....

Thats just it. I genuinely think she is under the impression I am just going to cough up and pay the bill she has waiting to give me. I just get the feeling she is totally ignorant of how the whole process works.

If she had claimed against me, then surely my insurance company would have been in touch with me before they okayed any repairs? As that hasn't happened it would suggest she hasnt claimed yet, whcih means the insurance wont touch it as she has had repairs done before they have inspected the damage.

And as for me paying, no way am I going to shell out without having seena couple of quotes first, and independent ones at that, not her local garage.

306 GTI-6
She works in the same office but in a different department, and not what I would class as a proper colleague. Certainly noone i would even pis on if she was on fire.