ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wishbone Worries!

Mondeo STTDCI

Ok, about a year ago I had a guy hit me in the wing, he hit my alloy as well and did some damage I THINK to the wishbone (?) which mayve been replaced (?)

It went through the insurance and Renault fixed the damage. When I went to pick up the car I pulled away and there was a horrible creaking sound coming from the front underneath of the car everytime the car changed direction and the forces upon the car changed. i.e. Pulling away, braking, gear changes etc.

I drove straight back to the garage thinking something to do with the suspension, but they said the WISHBONE mailto:HADN@T">HADN T BEEN ADJUSTED PROPERLY.

They fixed it and I went on my merry way, until now when its started again though its only very slight, it still pisses me off. Any ideas about what it could be? They didnt explain very well previously and I havent got a clue whether they told the truth last time! Are wishbones adjustable?! HELP basically.

have a spy at it yourself, as they are quite cheap to replace, it will be obvious if they are severly bent, take a few quick measurements and compare to other side. Lie underneath and have a look at where wishbone connect to subframe (these subframes are pretty weedy in reality) and make sure it is all straight

No, ball joints are weak, but wishbones and subframes are fine if they avoid rot, and accident damage. Jack car up, but leave wheel on, get a bar and lever wheel about, including underneath it, and listen to where it is coming from (get an assistant if necessery) replace noisy part, all suspension bits are fairly cheap, think whole wishbone with ball joint attached is only £40, so dont be too disheartened if needs replaced properly, check subframe is sound though