ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring up neons to footwells

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i got some footwell neons i wanted to wire up so that when the lights are on the neons come on too. Can some1 help me with this, i have a 2003 clio, think i have to get to the fuse box or seomthing. Help pleaase!

TBH u should wire them up to a switch so that if u see any police they can be turned off, whereas if u wire them up to the headlights they cant be turned off unless u turn your lights off. Wire them up to the ciggy lighter and put a switch in next to it.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i didnt realise neons in the interior are illegal!!! i thought only underbody ones were! i dont like idea of wires trailing out of ciggy lighter though....

there really easy to wire up to a switch as long as its not the cheapos that have the transformer bit in the ciggy lighter bit...

There not illegal on the inside as long as they are below the window level and dont dazzle other drivers, the police dont bother with mine, i have 4 blue ones, and blue tints, so they are really noticable...

best to keep em on a switch though just in case they are lookin for somethin to do you for, at least you can switch em off !!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

nah i got the £27 ones from speeding.co.uk i think they have their own transformer on them, but sounds like a switch would b a good idea...ill ave to go get one then

Stanced Honda S2000

cold cathodes are better, last longer, smaller and brighter. bout the same price aswell.

Oright Dave, its Phil. The ones in my car m8 are right down in the footwell bit, nothing illegal about it. All exterior neons are illegal, interior ones are fine, aslong as they are below the dash. Thats why mine are wired to the headlamp fuse. Dont need a switch.

P.S. They are just small bright blue LEDs, not neons. Just give a nice blue glow to ya feet :)

If u need a help, pop over my area - buts it a bit far for a small job init.

If u get stuck PM me some more

Phil.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Rich_M: i have a cold cathod in my pc, as far as im aware they cant take temps below 0 so they kind of explode.

Phil: Cheers dude i appreciate it, when i get them ill try it out...let u know...

Does any1 know where the clio2mk2 fuse box is?

the passenger side of the dash board, open the door and look at the side of the dash, as far as i remember, it had an airbag sticker on it...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

any ideas how i can stealth some wire from there to the footwells for the neons??

i connected a wire to the one for the interior light and replaced the fuse with a higher rate one, the ran the wire up the underside of the dash... never finished it off though, not had the time :) so there is the occasional bit hanging down :(

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

u took the dash off and threaded it underneath? howd it get down to the footwells then? i really wanna do it proper, how long did urs take m8?