ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring diagram needed, Clio 2 172

clio 172 phase 2
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a 2002 Clio 172, found a fault in the loom next to the base of the battery tray which is giving me throttle problems.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a 2002 Clio 172, found a fault in the loom next to the base of the battery tray which is giving me throttle problems.
What type of symptom, I get an initial stall like response when depressing the pedal but it then recovers and finally revs - driving me nuts

clio 172 phase 2
Thanks for that loggyboy.

Eon I was getting limp mode and over revving at different times when I was in the car and the throttle was just eratic while driving, almost like having cruise control that I couldn‘t turn off. I have eventually sorted the problem. It was The wiring loom down by the base of the battery tray, there are six wires which run uptown the underneath of the white multiple under the relay box that join to a blue connector strip, these wires are all in charge of the drive by wire throttle. 3 of the wires on my car were burnt out so I have made a new section of loom and replaced that with the broken 1 which has cured all my problems. Quite annoying as the wire cost me 4 pound and all the other parts I fitted cost me over 100 and didn't fix it lol.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Thanks for that loggyboy.

Eon I was getting limp mode and over revving at different times when I was in the car and the throttle was just eratic while driving, almost like having cruise control that I couldn‘t turn off. I have eventually sorted the problem. It was The wiring loom down by the base of the battery tray, there are six wires which run uptown the underneath of the white multiple under the relay box that join to a blue connector strip, these wires are all in charge of the drive by wire throttle. 3 of the wires on my car were burnt out so I have made a new section of loom and replaced that with the broken 1 which has cured all my problems. Quite annoying as the wire cost me 4 pound and all the other parts I fitted cost me over 100 and didn't fix it lol.

Isn't it always the way! Glad to hear you resolved it though.

That's why I really appreciate the write ups from people having and resolving problems on their Clio's, so thanks for explaining ;). Although my symptom is slightly different (initial hesitation when first depressing the throttle), I'll certainly check that area if the harness as I've currently got the battery and ECU out and need to fix a dodgy bit of wiring someone did in the past. :(

clio 172 phase 2
Could possibly be the same wiring if it‘s hesitating, I have heard about other people taking the pedal and throttle body off and cleaning then with brake cleaner and also resetting the Ecuador so it can re learn all the cars values again with the throttle and pedal a potentiometer. Just a thought. I think of the throttle like a remote control car, if there‘s interference then it won‘t do what it‘s told, also, French cars Don‘t like poor batteries so maybe get the battery tested aswell just to rule that out.

clio 172 phase 2
e6a9a98e8bfe205b46900fe1f1ad4ec8.jpg
8cdadcfd342b0735ed7e4d45a3b8ab4e.jpg
7c86326a953dbb35b8828e4f474d459b.jpg
1783a4f8086793d6ba5c98147b5034ed.jpg
da771fdf17b8aa6a3de9f375a7d3260b.jpg
0bcf690ee7e87460a6848135c967afc6.jpg

Was the blue plug that you are speaking about part of the lafge white plug clipped into the base of the fusebox?