ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring 172 seats in dynamique

CLS, RS MEG
Can anyone take some photo's of the wiring under their 172/182 seats, as the wires for my seats have been cut and i havnt a clue which wire goes where.
I know the orange sleeved cable is connected to the airbag, along with 1 black cable, but all the spade connectors etc have been cut off the car wiring loom to the seats.

Golf GTI 1.8T
no its not as simple as that mate, mine was similar I can get a pic for you when I get home, change my seats from 1.4S ones to leather 172 exclusives and the colours are different for the airbag light and pre-tensioners, guess you got your airbag and serv light on then??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I needed to rewire mine too but can't quite remember Im afraid! It was pretty straightforward though I think. Then again I only needed to connect pretensioner and seat belt in cable.

CLS, RS MEG
Yup serv and airbag light is on, and has been for a month. I think i'll have to trial and error until the dashboard light goes off, just scared of setting the airbag off? I may nip to my local scrappers to get the connectors that are not on my wiring loom, but i need to know what goes where first. Any pictures of pre done wires would be a great help!
cheers

CLS, RS MEG
You could do Vinny. If thats your car in the picture, i don't know if the wires will be the same as mine is a MK2, with seat airbags.
clioman-diagram.jpg[img]

Golf GTI 1.8T
thats a bit confusing to me, you dont need the connectors rob, you cant re use them with out connecting to the original wires anyway. I've went to reno to make sure cos I was too scare of blowing a huge hole in my seat, he told me and I just striped them, twisted the wires, taped it up and job done! gonna try get a photo for you now mate.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Hi, sorry didn't want disrupt the wiring you can see in the pic, will look tomorrow as I its parked in the road and didnt fancy losing a door.

Attachments

• under-seat-wiring.jpg
    under-seat-wiring.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 162
  CLS, RS MEG
In that picture vinny, you havn't needed to wire into the airbag plug, as the brown connector isn't plugged into anything. Or have you wired into the reverse of the plug by pulling the sleve back?

My seatbelts light and pre tensioners have been wired in, but theres still too many lose wires. I'll try and get a picture

CLS, RS MEG
In that picture mitch, you havn't needed to wire into the airbag plug, as the brown connector isn't plugged into anything. Or have you wired into the reverse of the plug by pulling the sleve back?

My seatbelts light and pre tensioners have been wired in, but theres still too many lose wires. I'll try and get a picture

Golf GTI 1.8T
No I cant have side airbags so havent touched the orange one, Just the pre tensioners which i think are the blue/brown wires but they had the wrong connectors on so just took them off, and the other one is the seat belt light the one with pink/something wire. Have you still not worked it out? If not ill go out and take the tape off it for ya.

CLS, RS MEG
Its no use if you havnt wired up the airbags. I have wired the seatbelts, but my serv and airbag light is on because of the un wired airbags. So i need to know how these are wired

Golf GTI 1.8T
oh right, did you old seats have side air bags then?? personally wouldnt have them set as if they were blow it would cost so much to replace them, especiallly on my rare seats. sorry cant help with that one

A well built VW
i used the seatbelt pre tensioners from my old seats and swapped them over with the new ones wiring just slid straight in as it was before - no warning lights - airbags at the side probs dont work but i dont care cos i didnt have any when i bought the car