ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Tyres - Which insurers need to be informed and which don't.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Bonus, mine dont!

Bit silly that they would charge extra isnt it? Surely winter tyres will make you LESS likely to have a crash during winter.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Being a slightly stubborn idiot I wouldn't tell them regardless if I was just changing tyres and not wheels. I don't tell them if I've swapped from Michelin to continental so sod them

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Bonus, mine dont!

Bit silly that they would charge extra isnt it? Surely winter tyres will make you LESS likely to have a crash during winter.

Surely its more likely they will crash. Winter tyres would give a driver the confidence to drive in more severe weather and with winter tyres they'll be able to drive faster and less cautiously than those with summer tyres.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Surely its more likely they will crash. Winter tyres would give a driver the confidence to drive in more severe weather and with winter tyres they'll be able to drive faster and less cautiously than those with summer tyres.

No.