ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen wash reservoir somehow broke???

clio sport 172
I ran out of washer fluid today so tried to fill it back up but there seems to be a hole in it as most of the 2lt flooded out through the wheel arch.
How the hell can a hole appear in it?
Does anyone know how to fix/replace it and whether its a big job? Do you get at it through the passenger side wheel arch?

Dynamique Flamer
Probably have to get raise the car up and acess it from underneath or take the tray off where the windscreen wipers are, the connection could have just come off?!?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye most likely you will have to take the scuttle panel off and access the reservoir there, could be a crack in it or something,

clio sport 172
cheers for the reply. How does the scuttle panel come off? Never needed to touch that part of a car before

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Easy, just pop the driver side off first then pop the passenger side off, its tough as there big white clips holding it down, but just pull they wont snap, you will need a 10mm spanner iirc to remove the reservoir

Golf GT TDI
mine for some reason leaks 5lts usually lasts 3 days and i only use the car one of them days lol

weird

Dodgy one
Easy, just pop the driver side off first then pop the passenger side off, its tough as there big white clips holding it down, but just pull they wont snap, you will need a 10mm spanner iirc to remove the reservoir

and when i looked you have to remove the wiper arms too!

D

Dj Annihilation

they are murder to take off! - i thought i was going to wip the motor with it last time! - never had as much trouble taking wiper arms off in my life, every other car was easy, neighours must of thought what the hell am i trying to do lol!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Anytime I, or Dad had our windscreen replaced in the Clio's - Autoglass had no problem removing the wiper arms.

To be honest I have no idea how they did it though, I just watched lol

DMS

A thirsty 172
I found mine was leaking after I changed the washer motors. It was down to the rubber seals for the motors in the end.
It might be that the rubber seal that sits around the motor has cracked / moved / slipped off like mine had. The motors don't fit snugly into the holes in the reservoir unless the rubber seal is in and in the correct position, which will cause leakage.

Oh, and they're awkward as f**k.

DMS

A thirsty 172
they are murder to take off! - i thought i was going to wip the motor with it last time! - never had as much trouble taking wiper arms off in my life, every other car was easy, neighours must of thought what the hell am i trying to do lol!

The trick is to push down on the wiper arms as you do it. They're sprung so once you've undone the bolt they sit at a funny angle on the spline. Pressing down on them straightens them up which makes them easy to pull off.