ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen replace - rain sensor problem

Hi guys,

I've managed to get a chip in my windscreen that needs sorting. I've been quoted £75 on insurance to replace it but the woman wasn't sure about rain sensor.
Do they replace the fittings as well usually? and the gel?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Autoglass did mine.
I had to inform them the glass has a Rain sensor and the Non UV patch middel bottom. They placed the order for the correct glass from france. (this is what they said)
Took a week to arrive but it was the right one.

2003 Clio 172
I had my windshield replaced a few weeks ago and it never crossed my mind to inform them about the rain sensor!
Luckily I got the correct UV windshield and the sensor's still there and works.

I'd assume most in this business are somewhat competent. :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi i just had a cup windscrren fitted and the windscreen asked before hand if it had the rain sensor etc,i had new windscreen seals included if that helps

They've said they'll replace like for like but no mention of non UV strip. I've had a look myself and couldn't see anything though. I'm hoping i get a new gel pack out of it too