ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen cover

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Noticed a few chips in my windscreen, Autoglass want £72 to repair (lol).

So it's free when you're fully comp with Admiral, so went fully comp last night and I'm going to take to Autoglass and get it done free at the weekend.

Will they complain about this?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It's not a replacement though.

EDIT: From their website:

FREE windscreen coverrepair and replacement for comprehensive policy holders

I'm just wondering if they'll turn around and say 'So you chipped your windscreen and decided to go fully comp then get it repaired for free? Erm, no.'

Crappy work hire car
Anyone else got that 'autoglass repair, autoglass replace' going through their heads?

I had mine done, and it was a £25 excess under Endsleigh even though it was 'free' windscreen cover.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Ah it also says they'll pay up to £50 maximum unless it's done through their own glass repair service.

C*nts. So it'll be £22 for me then probably.

182 FF
My other half works for Autoglass and she's sat at the side of me now giving me the next bit of speil coming
The wench-
'if you attempt to have these old chips fixed with new fully comp cover if you've given your name and/or car details then they will show up on the system and show you as a 'fraud'.

What i'd do is ring either national windscreens or auto windscreens (was RAC) and have them do the job now you have fully comp insurance.

Stone chips are free with admiral fully comp according to her.

Chances of em actually following through on said fraudulance is very small but i wouldn't chance it

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Will the other two companies not be the same? That's a joke by the way, so how long do you have to be fully comp before they reckon you're committing fraud? C*nts.

Tell 'the wench' I said thanks for the info! Cheers buddy.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I need mine doing now, i should of listened to 'Gavin' from autoglass when he was explaining chips turning into cracks put my heaters on this morning boom massive crack pops up :(

Also got a price quote on a 172 window screen £220 :eek:

recaro'd arctic 182
Noticed a few chips in my windscreen, Autoglass want £72 to repair (lol).

So it's free when you're fully comp with Admiral, so went fully comp last night and I'm going to take to Autoglass and get it done free at the weekend.

Will they complain about this?

i had mine done 1 week after taking admiral insurance using their approved installer/repairer, just had to show them the cover note, all done for free

the £70 excess is only for new windscreen

Last edited:
  182 FF
Will the other two companies not be the same? That's a joke by the way, so how long do you have to be fully comp before they reckon you're committing fraud? C*nts.

Tell 'the wench' I said thanks for the info! Cheers buddy.

Your committing fraud whenever because at the time you got the chip you either wasn't covered by insurance due to being covered by third party only or not at all or you didn't address the problem at the time it happened.
Its kinda viewed upon as an accident, whether or not your car is damaged you still have to declare it to your insurance company.

The other 2 companies are not the same they are independant. It works by each company gaining the windscreen cover rights of insurance companies in order to generate business, not the text book explanation but you know what i mean and they don't talk to each other over logged phone calls etc like the case for this thread.

Its not them being c*nts as such its more them keeping there heads above water and within the law because the consequences for them are pretty major compared to a telling off a customer would get from the law.

Just declare em when they happen if your fully comp, if your not get fully comp then declare it and then there's no evidence to suggest the chip/crack didn't happen after you became fully comp! The system needs to be played sometimes, just gettin some of your inflated premiums back due to uninsured bell end drivers IMO without losing NCB