ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 Screenshots...

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Been running the beta for a while now, heres some shots showing a few different bits and bobs, including the new taskbar, which tbh I'm not feeling at the mo so i've gone back to the classic style, enjoy...

windows7_1.jpg

windows7_2.jpg

windows7_3.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmmm, the average user would find it hard to tell the difference between that an vista!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
hmmmm, the average user would find it hard to tell the difference between that an vista!

aye, its mostly under the hood stuff, and things that you click on or that happens and ur like 'ah cool, thats new'

its what 98 was to 95 tbh, but its alot better, and uses less ram, and is very nimble indeed.

so far, i liiiiiiike.

Punto/Clio GTT
vista didnt use much ram tbh, just pub talk circulated by people with no clue what theyre talking about.

the sheep that will **** off vista because its the "cool" thing to do.

dk

911 GTS Cab
vista didnt use much ram tbh, just pub talk circulated by people with no clue what theyre talking about.

really cos my computer uses 1.5-2gb just for fun with no apps running, vista loves the ram!

172 cup

I had to upgrade one of my pc's from 1gb to 3gb just so my ram meter showed it wasn't in the red.. yet xp it ran at 20% on 1gb happily

DCi
this laptop has 4GB ram and just firefox open, its using around 1.4gb of ram on average.
on the other hand there appears to be a lot of services running which could probably be cleared out, as this laptop is newish i havent had time to do that.

it's good to know there is an upgrade (As apposesd to going backwards to XP) that can free up some RAM

as DK said it doesnt look too different from Vista, but I might try it at some stage :)

Punto/Clio GTT
really cos my computer uses 1.5-2gb just for fun with no apps running, vista loves the ram!

vista dont "use" the ram though, it stores it incase it needs it, if it dont use it, it gives it back, if another application is opened it gives all the ram back to allow it to be used for that application.

in your task manager itll say its using loads, but it isnt, its just stored to allow vista to load things quicker (a good thing)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the more ram you give vista the more it will allocate to the use of past and current programs. Stick 512mb ram in it and it'll still work, doesn't need over a gig. If you put 8 gig in it, it'll look as if 4gig is being used but it's not. Vista is totally under rated imho

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
the more ram you give vista the more it will allocate to the use of past and current programs. Stick 512mb ram in it and it'll still work, doesn't need over a gig. If you put 8 gig in it, it'll look as if 4gig is being used but it's not. Vista is totally under rated imho

I completely agree.

Until you put games on it. ;)

Have they actually got off their arse and sorted out the SLi issues with Vista 64 yet? The sole reason why I haven't wanted to pursue a Crossfire setup. It's just put me off completely. Hopefully Windows 7 will address some of these core issues. And maybe, just maybe.... Creative will do some decent X-Fi drivers for it - lol.

D.

Revels Mum & Sister
i cant see the argument for anyone running os-x tbh, lol. inferior OS on pc hardware? no thanks.

Care to backup your claims about OSX? Or are you just another Apple hater!

Ohh and Windows 98 was a massive step forward technically over 95, may have looked similar but thats it. Where as 7 appears to have a slight visual makeover and not a massive technical make over like 98 did over 95

Golf GTI PP Mk7
actually windows 7 has had alot, the kernal has been significantly re-worked, the memory management systems have been tightened up alot, the driver model tweaked etc etc.

Just because it hasnt had a mind blowing visual makeover, peple dismiss it as small upgrade, bit silly really.

And i never said vista was pants, I loved vista to bits, it was everything an OS should of been, but so far, windows 7 seems, well, better, in every way tbh.

Not sure about SLI support yet, the nvidia drivers are only betas atm so now wouldnt be a good time to guage that kinda stuff, always takes a while to get drivers sorted.

With regard to OSX, what does it do that windows doesnt? I look at OSX from a typical consumer point of view, yes I'm a power windows user and I know what im doing in windows etc, but OSX ticks none of the boxes for me, its an OS that doesnt do what I want, running on the same hardware.

On a side note, thier mac pros are insanely priced, i could build a far better specced pc for quite literally half the money, and have change from that no doubt. I think ur paying for the badge tbh.

Fiat Panda 100hp
The whole windows vs. mac thing is tiresome now, and I wish Apple would realise this, there adverts are childish now.

Saying that I still love Apple and their products. For me they just work, no issues, no random errors about conflicting software/hardware. I can get things done faster on a mac, with expose etc.

I also love the styling of the macs/ipods, and I love Steve Job's standards when it comes to the final product, he wont settle for anything less that perfect. I love the customer service, knowing that everything is in house, I work for The Tech Guys, and the repair procedures on all the different models of PC's and laptop's is mind boggling to the average consumer, we alone have about 5 different companies that we pass the work onto.. and they are meant to contact the customer, but they don't so we get it in the neck.. so yeah in house customer service/repair etc is wicked. Apple store is a nice place to be too.

But I also love PC's and windows, and people have to realise that MS really have quite a hard job, they have to get their software to work with so many different hardware configurations and make it run well, whereas apple in a sense have taken the easy route and create one hardware package to run with their OS so there are going to less bugs.

It is good that both OS's exsist though as they will always try and better each other which for us and the product.