ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams, worth more in pieces

Williams are dipping into the high £2k price bracket for decent examples, with Engine/Box/ECU worth over 1k, williams track worth £400, interior, wheels etc....is the car worth more in pieces?

190 BHP Willy 2

I reckon so. Then sell the shell on to someone to build back up. Get stupid money that way.

Trophy

Dont think anyone will pay £1k+ for a high mileage willy engine same as i doubt anyone would pay £400 for 2nd hand suspension components with unknown mileage.

Are you sure these Willys for £2-3k are decent examples?

Mat.

190 BHP Willy 2

If my valver doesnt sell in the next couple of weeks I may rip the 80k engine out and chuck a willy lump in there. Is quite a appealing option due to the stealth element, insurance, and you dont get frowned upon by modding it as if it was still in a williams. By modding I dont mean stupid bodywork etc. Original valver lines shape is best, just with a set of morettes.

1k for engine and boxes is stupid though. Would have to be a mint 50k engine and box for that.

i paid 1k for my 46k engine/box/ecu, one went on ebay at 50k for 1.2k, i think they can happily go for near enough 1k! driveshafts/wishbones/ARB etc could go for £300, interior/wheels etc are worth a few quid as well i reckon. Wouldnt be far off!

Trophy

Think that is one reason why the prices of decent williams will not drop.

Just have to keep an eye out for the even cheaper ones with slight accident damage and try and beat infinicar to it!;)

Mat.

As mat says theres a risk.

I tryed for ages to get hole crashed williams, because If you sold all the bits it would make 2.0 valver con bit cheaper. but in the end just got the engine and box for £900 and still made a bit of money back selling the williams manifold and the aux of my valver lump.