ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Gold wheels on my 200?

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Right I know most of you are going to vomit at the thought, but I just fancy something different.

Ive got a Glacier White 200 with a black mouth, black mirrors and a black roof. It's also got leather Recaros and Speedines.

When I first bought the car the wheels were white...liked the look...got bored...had them powder coated in Shiraz Red, which is a current Audi colour and now I'm bored again.

I had threatened to have all the black bits on the car painted Shiraz Red (which is more like a deep metallic redy purple), which I've never got round to doing.

So I'm now thinking having the wheels coated in the same gold as the Mk1 Williams' wheels have.

Yes my cars white and not blue, but I was think of tying perhaps the mirrors in too with the gold.

Any thoughts/ideas/paint schemes would be much appreciated :D

Sorry no pics of the car as I'm struggling uploading them atm

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Wont fit over you're brakes.

Sorry im a div. Just read it again lol

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I just fancy something a bit different, it can always be changed :approve:

They do fit under Williams wheels (with some spacers!)

9usyhuta.jpg

Just

(Although I know that isn't the actual question)

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Thanks for clearing that up, but I meant just having my Speedlines coated in the gold that the Willliams wheels are.

However, I'm quite intrigued to see what the Williams wheels actually look like on a 200!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
You said it can be changed so just do it, if that is what you are wanting, why do you need confirmation on here whether to or not? :S

Unless you are asking for a photoshop...

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
You said it can be changed so just do it, if that is what you are wanting, why do you need confirmation on here whether to or not? :S

Unless you are asking for a photoshop...

It's just my idea at the moment.

But am open to other ideas as well hence;

'Any thoughts/ideas/paint schemes would be much appreciated'

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I reckon just try and put the actual Williams wheels on for the giggle. get an idea of colour against the white then as well

I fitted gold willy wheels to my grey mark 1, looked toss, the colours just didn't sit together right!lol!

IMG_9606.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought Clio 200s had 5 stud wheels?

They won't fit then?

Possible to make an adaptor, we did it the other way around for fitting 5*100 wheels to our clio:
879bda5c.jpg

Could do the same sort of thing but the other way around to put 4 stud onto a 5 stud.

Not that the OP wants to, but just saying like...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
ah yeah, forgot the 200 had 40,000 lb/ft and required 5 stud

5 stud is a lot more idiot proof, if you lose 2 wheel bolts from a 5 stud wheel its still more secure than if you lose 1 wheel bolt from a 4 stud one. (unless you get really unlucky and the two on the 5 stud are next to each other)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
but no clio driver is an idiot......we know this

and my wheels never falle.......oh wait :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I reckon just try and put the actual Williams wheels on for the giggle. get an idea of colour against the white then as well

I fitted gold willy wheels to my grey mark 1, looked toss, the colours just didn't sit together right!lol!

IMG_9606.jpg

Looks better than those shitty white efforts!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^^ Infact! that's what yours is missing. It's crying out for willy wheels.

(needs side strips ;) )

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Daz - FU ;) its never having side strips and I loved the white wheels ;) but they are gone now, too much to look after!

and the willy wheels I have on the 182 are destined for the turbo now its going road spec, so fear not. I did have it on willy wheels years back too #Daz.

willydesk.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not keen.

If you are going for a daft wheel colour then either red, blue or green would suit it better. But it's not a GT3 RS so will still look daft I'm afraid.

It looked great in the calendar, why mess with it!