ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 3 Track Car

Polo GTi
I have been keeping a Project log over on Williamsclio of my work with the Williams 3. Nowhere near the size of project some folk on here have got going on, just thought some of you might appreciate it.

Spec is

Williams 3
Kent RN2002 Cams
Kent Pulleys
Powerflow Exhaust
Scorpion Decat
Panel Filter
R19 Mount
Chipwards Remap

Not extensive, but plenty to blow my 172 Cup a new asshole and then some.

Since buying the Cup the idea was to use the Williams as a track car as I couldn't bear to part with it, after a while of sitting around rotting we decided to clean it up a little.

First step was to sort the brakes out

03032007019.jpg

03032007020.jpg

03032007018.jpg

Next Up strip it of excess weight

03032007015.jpg

03032007014.jpg

03032007016.jpg

03032007017.jpg

Carpet out

10032007024.jpg

10032007025.jpg

10032007026.jpg

Next on the list was to refurb the wheels

Before

DSCF2732.jpg

DSCF2731.jpg

DSCF2730.jpg

Quick blast of Nitromors

DSCF2735.jpg

DSCF2733.jpg

DSCF2738.jpg

First coat after primer

DSCF3345.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

Finished wheels

Looks the wrong shade of gold in my kitchen, but it isn't as you will see on later pics

DSCF3352.jpg

DSCF3355.jpg

DSCF3353.jpg

Next part deal with the dreaded tin worm

23052008023.jpg

23052008025.jpg

23052008027.jpg

Rotten to the core Sills :eek:

23052008028.jpg

23052008029.jpg

23052008030.jpg

23052008034.jpg

Arches and sills mid-repair

06062008084.jpg

06062008082.jpg

New Sill in Primer

14062008100.jpg

14062008101.jpg

14062008099.jpg

14062008102.jpg

14062008105.jpg

15062008107.jpg

Nice and Shiny Arch after a polish

17062008109.jpg

17062008110.jpg

Touching up chips on the top of the door

17062008111.jpg

Arch and sill in needing of cutting and a good polish to bring up the shine

17062008112.jpg

Touching up the bumper

17062008115.jpg

All tucked up in bed

17062008116.jpg

We will be going to the Nurburgring in July in the Williams, got a few little things to do, fit some Ferodo DS2500's and braided lines and a good service, and we should be all set :cool:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Good work mate.

You need to get rid of all that tar on the floor pan. Get the heat gun out!

Nippy white cup
Looking great as I did on Sunday fella. Have to get Cuppy and Billys mini out for a few comparisons sometime :)

Chris

Polo GTi
Yeah the tar will be removed as soon as we get back from the ring, almost all the interior, well back seats have gone back in due to 3 of us travelling in the Williams to germany, he didnt fancy sitting on the boot floor :D

Oh forgot to mention have 2 Cobra seats waiting to go in too after the ring, travelling all that way we need the comfort that is Williams seats.

Daniel : Yeah serious rot, my heart sank when I first saw how bad it had become, the car had been sat for a year since the last track day outside in the elements, still started first time though which I was happy with. At least it has a nice new home now in the garage, should help stop the rot a bit. Plus driving it again put a massive grin on my face so a renewed enthusiam for the old girl

Last edited:
  Polo GTi
Looking great as I did on Sunday fella. Have to get Cuppy and Billys mini out for a few comparisons sometime :)

Chris

Yeah Cheers fella, managed to sort the dullness on the paint too, looks spot on now, just got some more Williams stickers from Daz, so by the weekend it will be looking the best as it has for a long while.

I'm up for the blast, its all taxed insured and road legal now so can get it out anytime, will have to get Stu out with the Mk2 GTI TDI too, I have a feeling it might kick all our asses......If I were driving it ;)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
looks like a fun project....but a part of me thinks it's wrong to change a williams from standard.

Good luck with the project and hope you get alot of fun out of it.

Polo GTi
awesome stuff!
will u be selling those old seats :p
haha

Yeah more than likely at some point

looks like a fun project....but a part of me thinks it's wrong to change a williams from standard.

Good luck with the project and hope you get alot of fun out of it.

Not too far from standard really, I could put it back that way with some effort, but there is not point I think the only time I can see myself selling it is when it rotten beyond repair

No bad gheyboy!

My williams was begining to rot, hence why it went. Hassle!

Yep the bain of a lot of Williams, although to be fair there are still a load who haven't been affeted by the rot.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Once I take delivery of my company car in two months time I will be doing this to my Valver, get it all slagged up for the track. :p

williams and trophy
Yeah the tar will be removed as soon as we get back from the ring, almost all the interior, well back seats have gone back in due to 3 of us travelling in the Williams to germany, he didnt fancy sitting on the boot floor :D

Oh forgot to mention have 2 Cobra seats waiting to go in too after the ring, travelling all that way we need the comfort that is Williams seats.

Daniel : Yeah serious rot, my heart sank when I first saw how bad it had become, the car had been sat for a year since the last track day outside in the elements, still started first time though which I was happy with. At least it has a nice new home now in the garage, should help stop the rot a bit. Plus driving it again put a massive grin on my face so a renewed enthusiam for the old girl

think youd be surprised tbh mate. the cobras in mine were very comfy on the trip to spa. and back.

and get that tar out ;)

will have to have a meet up. 0159s back on the road now hehe :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

think youd be surprised tbh mate. the cobras in mine were very comfy on the trip to spa. and back.

and get that tar out ;)

Your only 4ft 10 mate!!

Polo GTi

and get that tar out ;)

Yeah deffo, in fact you should come over and give me a hand changing the front brake lines and fluid, it's blagging my head! :clown: