ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will the clio 172/182 alloys fit on a mk3 clio estate

clio 1.5 dci estate
yh mines a 4 stud but not quite sure what would look better tho 172 or the 182 style and colour as iam thinking if can can get a set of 172/182 alloys im gonna change the boring silver to kawasaki green

clio 1.5 dci estate
na mines a 4 stud pattern not 5 but smac4494 you think the 182 wheels would look better then the 172 then but in another colour then just boring anthracite gray or standard silver then

clio 1.5 dci estate
yep your right there le baguette the rs 197/200/cup hatchbacks are all 5 stud where as the standard clio estates and hatchbacks are 4/5 stud depends on the breaking system ppl have with rear drums of discs

clio 1.5 dci estate
yh will be the first one modified tho mate if and only i can get the right style wheels for it in the 172/182 style

2014 Clio 200t edc
I say go for 182 wheels. They look larger due to the spokes and are a much nicer wheel imo. Green has been done before on a black car, hence the @Spinksy comment. Lol
Maybe a nice red? Looking forward to seeing what you do with it though mate. You could even think about a 197 facelift, you could probably make a rear bumper fit too. Now that would look awesome!!

Listerine & Poledo
I might come across as a bit too non-cool here, but have you considered, maybe.....

...silver wheels?

I know, that;s pretty mainstream, but it'd look better than many of the colour options

clio 1.5 dci estate
i already have silver alloys witch are 15" that came with the car but dnt like them at plus they make my clio estate looks more like a mini 4x4 cos of the arch cap in witch case mines isn't tho but iam toying with the 172 wheels but liking the 182 wheels idea too but im going with the kawasaki green idea ive seen a few clios on here and google search with red green yellow blue black white silver gold or mixed and matched wheels but no one has tryed doing the green wheels idea on a clio estate not until now

2003 Clio 172
I've always found both 172 and 182 wheels quite boring but if I'd had to choose, 182 hands down.

Regarding painting them Kawasaki green, I wouldn't bother. You'd grow tired of them within the month.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Check the offset. I know it's different but 172 wheels dont fit on a non sport without being spacered and I'm sure you wouldn't want to run into that trouble.

for ref
172 alloys et 48.5
182 cup alloys et43
no idea about 182 non cup
172 cup alloys et 38.5
oz f1 et43

clio 1.5 dci estate
well lets wait and see then mate they grow on me they may'not or if dont go for the 172/182 wheels i may go for banded steel wheels with centre hubs in Kawasaki green with the outer rim white or silver or even yellow but undecided yet but gonna look around 4 a set of 172/182 wheels first then pick out the colours afterwards

Listerine & Poledo
unless you get oversize sidewalls on your tyres, you'll still have "arch gap"

BANDED STEELS????? Jesus, I'm out.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Also be aware that 182 wheels may end up looking like this...

_DSC1594.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Check the offset. I know it's different but 172 wheels dont fit on a non sport without being spacered and I'm sure you wouldn't want to run into that trouble.

for ref
172 alloys et 48.5
182 cup alloys et43
no idea about 182 non cup
172 cup alloys et 38.5
oz f1 et43

I ran 172 wheels on my non sport without issues, needed spacers for looks but not for running.