ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a Mrk 2 Phase 1 front bumper, fit a Mrk 2 Phase 2?

Mini Cooper 94'
Hi,

As the title says, will a Mrk 2 Phase 1 front bumper, fit a Mrk 2 Phase 2?

Probably a silly question but curious.

I really like the front end on the ph1 so wondered if anyone had ever modded a ph2 to look similar to the ph1 front end?

Any pic would be great if its been done or is possible.

Thanks

182 FF RB ;)
Hey there finically back on this on the computer I had no idea about this thread till now ッ my ph1 rep was accomplished in about 4 hours work and a few home made brackets went into it but I could never get it sitting properly :( still got her in my drive but I'm restoring it to standard after my new 182 purchase ړײ! Any questions on how to do it just ask ッ

Shake n Bake

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 182T
Hey there finically back on this on the computer I had no idea about this thread till now ッ my ph1 rep was accomplished in about 4 hours work and a few home made brackets went into it but I could never get it sitting properly :( still got her in my drive but I'm restoring it to standard after my new 182 purchase ړײ! Any questions on how to do it just ask ッ

I've been considering a ph1 front end conversion since noticing so many chips in my bumper/bonnet and needing a respray anyway. I reckon a 182 with ph1 front would be pretty badass. Any details much appreciated! :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh hai, this is a 182 shell

662EDA32-F607-4C1F-B867-CC8B5B65B507_zpsol3pmcos.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
In a word, yes! Will need to get close ups of the work done but it was mostly by Djw Dave as he's got a much better high for these things than me.
It's involved cutting the light slam panels, the wing tops and some 'precision' engineering on some areas. We're going to be using aero catches to attach it on since it's a track car.

I've been considering a ph1 front end conversion since noticing so many chips in my bumper/bonnet and needing a respray anyway. I reckon a 182 with ph1 front would be pretty badass. Any details much appreciated! :)
I don't see the point of swapping it over tbh. You'd be much better off just getting the bumper & bonnet resprayed... plus when you come to sell it, you'll put off 99.9% of buyers.

Shake n Bake

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 182T
I don't see the point of swapping it over tbh. You'd be much better off just getting the bumper & bonnet resprayed... plus when you come to sell it, you'll put off 99.9% of buyers.

Yeah I understand that but I just like the look of the ph1 front! Also I'm not planning on selling it, I'll drive it till it dies then it'll go in the shed for complete overhaul. So much you can do with it (albeit for so much money :/ ) so won't be getting bored playing around with it any time soon, they are just toys! Would like to know just how problematic it's going to be, and since it's been done before, any tips!