ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a 50" TV fit in a Clio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've just treated myself to a new screen but I need it delivering to my parent's house for access reasons.

Anyone have any experience with 50" boxes? Will they fit in a Clio or Twingo?

Ta.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The only problem is you're not meant to lay it flat, if it was out it's box then it would go through the boot and lay on the backseats when they are down.

In box, nah! I had to take my 50" plasma out it's box to get it in a 5 door Focus!!!!!!!!

What one did you go for dude? We got ours before xmas for around £500! Was a bloody bargain for a 50".

You'll be struggling I think.

I only just managed to fit my 47" in the back of a Golf MK5 and that was with the front seats rolled forward a bit!

I can get a 22" boxed bike in the back, and that's a struggle, so I doubt you'd get a 50" TV in mate.

*I know the sizes aren't comparable in inches.

Cupra
Mine filled the rear of a passat estate in the box, there was no way in hell it would have fitted in a clio.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
FML. Looks like I'll be dealing with the World's most pissed off delivery drivers again then.

I live in a gated apartment complex in the city centre, so delivery drivers can't get in... and it's all my fault.

Then when they finally get in, I live on the third floor and the elevator is the size of me. LOL. Deal wid it.

Ah well, cheers for the replies anyway.

Milltek'd clio 182
i got a 42 inch in me boot with the seats down, and it slid in with about a couple mm clearance. but a 50 will be a no no

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The only problem is you're not meant to lay it flat, if it was out it's box then it would go through the boot and lay on the backseats when they are down.

In box, nah! I had to take my 50" plasma out it's box to get it in a 5 door Focus!!!!!!!!

What one did you go for dude? We got ours before xmas for around £500! Was a bloody bargain for a 50".

Samsung 50" LCD. Nothing spesh really, but a nice upgrade from my Samsung 37" Plasma.

I already have a Samsung 5.1 system, so I wanted to stick with them for the remote syncing.

Octy VRS
You can lay lcd's flat, done it plenty of times after asking the engineers here. Not sure on plasmas. Still not sure it would fit in a Clio.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I've just set it to be delivered here now. Should be here on Thursday.

Thanks for the replies.

On thursday, go out and leave the Mrs at home, get her to act all innocent and play on them, they'd probably even set the thing up for her.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not worth it.

This is the woman who turns the kettle off at the wall because it's on standby otherwise.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
The guy who bought my 50" pioneer drove fron Sunderland to Portsmouth in a Clio and it fit, was a bit snug for them in the front though! No box ox course.

You aren't supposed to lay them flat but I've never had any probs

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Should have bought a DC5.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
Link to the TV? Im looking for one of these atm. Just trying to find the best deal

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My bad, it's plasma, not LED. LOL.

The LED one in my price range was 42"

I can still cancel and got for the smaller, 42" LED... should I? :eek:

F*cking mong.

Fiesta ST
I only just fitted my Panny 50" in the back of my works Caddy, the box makes it a lot bigger. I struggled to carry into my house on my own aswell lol.

Clio
My best effort is a double mattress.

DSC00208.jpg

Is that tied together with rubble sacks Pete? Nice work.

You can't really lay plasmas flat, glass can flex and crack. LED/LCD would of been ok.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I moved 3 times in my old Clio! Epic space in the back with the right shapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.