ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 172 wheels fit a 182 Cup

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS

As above.

Im looking for a cheap set of track wheels and wondered if older Clio whells will fit the Cup. Are the offsets or tyre sizes different?

Cheers

Steve

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS

Thanks. I may live with the tyre wear then. Are the original Michelin tyres better than after market options like Toyo TS-1s which are probably cheaper?

Ta

Steve

182s are on 205/40 Micky Pilot Exaltos 2s, a lot of folk swear by them. TS-1s are decent in the dry, a bit scary in the wet. Ive not had the PE2s but I have the Toyos. The newer version is the T1R anyway.

Lee

BMW M2C

PE2s are great tyres but it works out expensive using them on track. But I reckon its worth it. I purchased some old Phase 1 Renault 19 16v wheels and some Yokohama A048Rs for track, but never used them as I was happy on road tyres.

The offset on the 182 is 45. Compared to the 172 it uses different wishbones, hub carriers etc, unlike the 172 Cup where they just used a different offset on the wheel to make the track a little wider.