ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiiliam wide track on a rt

is this possible to put the wide track on an rt ? if so would any extra parts be neccessary in addition to the one you would need to convert a 1.8 16v ?????????

You could.. but youd definetly need wider front arches and you couldnt make the rear track wider without making the rear arches wider!

The Williams setup is pretty much completly different to the 1.8 16v setup, so youd need all Williams I think.

There WAS a thread pijned about this, but guess it has gone.

All parts are williams/R19 16v specific.

Would need:

Whisbones, driveshafts, shocks, brake lines, think thats about it.

New i think parts come to around £1k.

AFAIK the williams/valver doesnt ahve a wider rear track, just a rear beam with discs brakes, and ofc the wider arches.

Will defo need the wider front arches, btu they are about £20-£30 each new from renault, no no biggie, will also fit wiht the std RT bumper

cool, cheers guys, how much wider do you reckon the rear track is with rear disc brakes or is it the same as my rt ???

Ive looked into this - youll need everything the 1.8 16v boys will need to do the front (see my previous pinned topic) plus 16v hub carriers and bearings (as this is what gives the extra width over the RT and lesser models (i.e williams is widest at front, then 1.8 16v then RTs etc).

As for rear, unless you can get 16v arches then just fit an rsi rear beam to gain discs as its the same width as an RT drunm setup. 16v will not go on your car without arch work.

Quote: Originally posted by madmax on 15 August 2005

will doing these wider track conversions make a noticable difference ?
Dunno, but you can definetly tell the difference between Valver and Williams handling..

The rear track would help tho, altho, I dunno by how much (Valver/Williams is the same track at back just different shocks.. 1.2/1.4/Rsi is narrower track)

[Edited by Daz on 15 August 2005 at 7:45pm]