ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WIFI range boosters, anyone used any?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They had a USB booster on the Gadget Show this week that could get a perfect signal from 1-2 miles away. It cost about £80 though!

Yeah thats what i'm on about, something along those lines.

Cant use anything that plugs into the router, as i don't even know where it is lol

Polo + Micra
something that is all metal. large tin of soup can or one of those money box tins

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That makes sense, one of my uni lecturers told use to use pringles tins and said in previous years they made students see how far away from uni they could get and still connect to the wifi.

Polo + Micra
you could try that one you've posted but the specs don't add up a 48dBi antenna would be massive

i'd try this if it was me then get a long usb lead for it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thing is i know I get wifi here, so just want one of those and was going to get a 10-15m USB cable.

Ford Fiesta
The plug in adaptors dont work in this house i am assisting with, due to weird wiring on serperate circuits.

I need to improve the wi fi connection between an outdoor shed and the bt home hub 3 upstairs which is not really that far but struggles with connection. Maybe it is getting interference from somewhere.

What is the best thing to try next? I am thinking an outdoor high gain wall mounted wi fi antenna for the shed with a wire that runs inside and plugs into the PC (do they plug into the lan sockets or somewhere else?)

is so which antenna should I go for?

I'm looking for a booster/range extender for work.

Wifi in the office is fine, but we need wifi in the meeting room (which is on the edge of the signal), where it's shockingly slow.

The garden is out of bounds for signal, which is a shame for the summer months.

What would you recommend? Needs to boost for Wifi, so everyone can access it (not a homeplug).

I only need to boost it, so the internet is accessible from the other side of the building/garden.

Budget, nothing fancy, <£80.

Got one in my house. Cost about £50 quid from memory. Actually works very well. I've tried loads in the past with no success.

This one just plugs in the wall and amplifies the wifi signal.

Similar looking to the Maplins one Brun posted.

Got one in my house. Cost about £50 quid from memory. Actually works very well. I've tried loads in the past with no success.

This one just plugs in the wall and amplifies the wifi signal.

Similar looking to the Maplins one Brun posted.

Got a link/brand name? The TP-Link?