ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wifi access point that can be plugged into Ethernet

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Hi guys,

I'm struggling here.

My wifi Router based in my front room literally halves when I'm in my bedroom. I've tried wifi repeaters/extenders with no success.

I have a powerline setup plugged into my laptop in my bedroom and was wondering if there was a wifi extender which uses Ethernet to get the broadband signal and extends my wifi signal or creates a new wireless access point. All of the options I have seen so far, have an Ethernet out, as opposed to an Ethernet in (if that makes sense!)
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jonny

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Do you have any old broadband routers knocking about? I use a second router I had as a wireless access point. You just need to turn off DHCP on the second router, so the main router allocates the IP addresses.

I even have mine set up with the same WIFI broadcast name(s) and passwords, so whatever device I'm using just connects to the strongest signal.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I have a powerline setup plugged into my laptop in my bedroom and was wondering if there was a wifi extender which uses Ethernet to get the broadband signal and extends my wifi signal

You want this.

Uses the powerline network to connect to the router and get internet, has a built-in wifi repeater to connect to and also an Ethernet port should you need it.