ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

widest tyres

Clio 172 ph2
This is not the term tramlining mate.

Tramlining is where a car follows the dips and grooves worn into any road, be it a long groove, or simply a section of dips in the road, its called tramlining as trams can only go where the rails go, in effect being led by the tram lines, which the term is carried over with road vehicles if they do the above.

Wider tyres can cause more tramlining as the size a weight of the tyre will always try to follow the natual line in the road which is why a car will always fall a groove in the road.

Thats what he meant...The lorrys create ruts in the road which the car dips in and out of as it tramlines. Nearly every car will do it though as the roads are so bad!

I put 215's on my civic (std are 205's) which made it grip more but the lower profile made it ride alot worse. I ran 235's/265's on the M3 (std are 225/255) and turn in was better but overall grip wasn't because i went from michelins to Falkens. They looked good but were crap! If you're running cheap tyres, simply buying the same size top spec ones will make more difference! Or try wheel spacers for extra track...But extra weight on the end of the axle!

Remember its iilegal for the tyre to stick out further than the arches. That impreza would be illegal over here...And looks crap!

Clio 172 RS2
I'm still looking for an answer on this one, what's the widest?????

Dunno' matey!

Where was this post on Eurostyle Clio Sports?
To put an end to your Quest... showing wide wheels 'n rubber.

That Impreza has got some major rim edge protection going on! :D

S4 Avant
I think the limit on a 7" wide wheel is a 225 tyre. Would look very oversized though, a lot like an offroad tyre.

I've told you here ^

Remember its iilegal for the tyre to stick out further than the arches. That impreza would be illegal over here...And looks crap!

...and that's b****cks. The tyre tread isn't allowed outside of the wheel arches, meaning the impreza would be perfectly legal driving round her majestys roads.