ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why You Should Always Iron-X A Brand New Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Finally had a chance to do mine properly today.
Washed twice and then covered the car on Iron-x..
This is how bad it was...
y6u7UAE.jpg

KLDH0VZ.jpg

Q1FwLp7.jpg

YxHxX01.jpg

lSr4kYE.jpg

KHIoDdr.jpg

ESXi42L.jpg

4VlnKoO.jpg

NM43Blf.jpg

After id waxed it.

tlSiCto.jpg

5PqyLLS.jpg

4FZ0K3q.jpg

icygLM1.jpg

M6J6CpH.jpg

wumi5UH.jpg

LlEOvfA.jpg

RDcJgUb.jpg

OgZpoMI.jpg

o6uZE4v.jpg

NlVUjgh.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Bit OT but how are you finding the R? Liking the look of the new Golf, much better than the previous ones.

Clio 182,vvc metro
A tuning box will not gain 60-70bhp,unless it's something different to the conventional tuning box which I'm thinking of? You'd be lucky if they added 5bhp lol.

Clio 182,vvc metro
Yes it is different to what you're thinking of.
Thanks though :wink:

That's ridiculous power,will shock a lot of performance cars! Looks amazing,saw a lot of talk about them but that's the first time I've saw proper pictures of one up close etc. Very nice :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Blind. There is irony in that.

Anyway car looks great. Lsp?

Dirty tailpipes!!

What a shed :smiley:

Btw, did it look like it had high contamination? I've gone over mine quite a bit (but didn't bother Iron-X), and didn't seem to see any Iron on it tbh.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Dirty tailpipes!!

What a shed :smiley:

Btw, did it look like it had high contamination? I've gone over mine quite a bit (but didn't bother Iron-X), and didn't seem to see any Iron on it tbh.
Lol. I didn't have time to get the metal polish out so just a quick wipe. That's 700 hard miles for you lol

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it had massive contamination. Hence the purple! The iron-x only turns purple (from clear) when in contact with iron.
On a white car it was plain to see. Millions of little yellowy cream particles embedded in the lacquer which felt like sandpaper to the touch.

Great car. Looks mean from the front. Not a fan of the 4 exhaust pipes, looks a bit over kill. Think a twin setup like the R32 would have looked better personally.

Bet it shifts!

These do look immense. There are so many little details over the design of the previous VI that just add to it, especially in top spec (petrol cover flap, angled, as one of them). Not to mention the damn power they put out/down.

However, I'm fairly certain this is a detailing thread in the detailing section, rather than General Automotive. So I'll comment on that;

The simple fact is, the car has been sprayed with IronX while dirty. Whether you wish to accept that there are/were photos clearly showing dirt around the arches and rear number plate/rear screen or not, I (coupled with the thirty years of experience between Scrooge, Gally and I) can categorically tell this from the reaction patterns on the flat and angled paint surfaces. IronX "bleeds" as the iron contaminant is removed - the gel, containing the new iron salts (hence the purple reaction) trickles down the paint work. That has spread - a clear sign it has reacted with something on the paint, rather than in it - i.e. dirt/dust/grime. It is also quite clear from the colour of the reaction - brown, not a fairly vivid purple (especially on a white background). This again is because it has dust and dirt particles within the "bleeding", further compounding what has happened here (if you'll excuse the detailing pun!).
If you had said you'd used IronX Soap and were half way through, I could have believed that. But not Iron X spray.

This is open and shut - there is no arguments otherwise. If you would like to take this to PM to stop it filling up your thread, I am more than happy to chat it through with you.

To complete the "s**t sandwich", it really does look good in white and has come up well in the finished photos, regardless of the process. I'm not sure why it's erupted in here and why mods/admin have chosen to remove perfectly legitimate comments from Scrooge - it's a discussion board so differences in opinion are likely to happen between members... But hey ho, must not discuss moderation etc.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha. Well thanks for the comments about the car.
As for the detailing comments, your obviously part time detailer and part time wizard.
THE CAR WAS f**king CLEAN. Why would I say it was if it wasn't?!
As above, it was snow foamed then washed by hand, twice!

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
And as for the photos, they are the photos that were at the start of the thread. None have been added and none have been removed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the little kick outs on the rear bumper corners. Very cool.

Hahaha. Well thanks for the comments about the car.
As for the detailing comments, your obviously part time detailer and part time wizard.
THE CAR WAS f**king CLEAN. Why would I say it was if it wasn't?!
As above, it was snow foamed then washed by hand, twice!

Because you've applied a product in the wrong way? We all make mistakes; it's not a massive issue, and it's your car at the end of the day. The majority of replies in here to incorrect usage are there to help the individual the next time they wash or detail their cars. In this case, you'll remove more ingrained contaminants if you clean the car properly first.

Listerine & Poledo
Am I the only person that thinks 4 exhausts is at least 2 too many on a 4-pot hatchback?
I know Audi are playing the same trick with S3s, but it just shouts "ULTRA MEGA TRY-HARD WHIP". It surely doesn't flow enough air to genuinely warant it on performance grounds

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Am I the only person that thinks 4 exhausts is at least 2 too many on a 4-pot hatchback?
I know Audi are playing the same trick with S3s, but it just shouts "ULTRA MEGA TRY-HARD WHIP". It surely doesn't flow enough air to genuinely warant it on performance grounds
No I agree, when cylinders are equal to exhaust, something is wrong.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Nope.

Big AMG V8, yes, makes sense.

Little low revving charged two litre four-banger. No.

It won't be long before 5inch tailpipes are the norm on Aygos if this carries on. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.