ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why would my boot light be disconnected?

BPY

16v 1.2
Only just realised my boot light didn't work. Popped it open to find the connector was just sat there not plugged into the light unit. Plugged it in and works fine as it should. Anyone have any ideas as to why it was unplugged?
I don't want my car to explode or something

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly had a drain on the connection? By that, the previous owner found out through trail and error that a power drain was coming from the boot light connection and flattening the battery on a regular basis?

Just a guess, but it could be that. Or something far more simpler? (edit - H's answer above! :))

D.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe the previous owner was doing some rear suspension work, left the boot open and was randomly worried about battery drain. Disconnects the light and never bothers to reconnect.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
/\ possible he was in to dogging and didn't want to draw attention to the fact he had a bint bent over the back end of the motor... So disconnected it.

BPY

16v 1.2
/\ possible he was in to dogging and didn't want to draw attention to the fact he had a bint bent over the back end of the motor... So disconnected it.
He sold it to me without the back parcel shelf. This is all starting to make sense.