ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Dont Yorkshire People Attend Meets?

£25 a week! My great great grandad got paid more then that when he was on YTS in 1892.
I have a massive bill at work though so its swings and roundabouts. The amount I spend on tyres/brakes/suspension which I never pay for kind of makes up for it.

As for the meet up at Settle/Skipton crack on. Ill travel to headingley/leeds but Colton seemed like miles away last time I went to a meet. The meet where you didnt attend "leeds182" ;) I think Me, James, Stu? and the trophy guy went to that meet.

None
The first meet i attended last year was the one MarcoB is on about above.....bad turnout but i suppose it could only get better from there and indeed it did, the next one was the bolton abbey run which i thought went ok but although i do love driving i have to say meeting at 5pm on a sunday evening isn't my idea of fun, the next one was the run we had out to dick hudson's in baildon which again was a good run but a 5pm meet!, this meant that the latter part of the run was in darkness with an epic fail on the piccy front:(.......meets really need to be on a sunday am with plenty of notice, more people than not won't be working sunday mornings.
I fully intended to come to the buttertubs run last week but with peole pulling out for the F1 it clearly wasn't going to happen.......shame really cause i bet it would have been much better than the crap F1 race!
Good on you for sticking with trying to organise them Jim, i'll do my best to attend the sunday meets especially with the warmer days coming on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a massive bill at work though so its swings and roundabouts. The amount I spend on tyres/brakes/suspension which I never pay for kind of makes up for it.

As for the meet up at Settle/Skipton crack on. Ill travel to headingley/leeds but Colton seemed like miles away last time I went to a meet. The meet where you didnt attend "leeds182" ;) I think Me, James, Stu? and the trophy guy went to that meet.[/QUOTE

Colton is only 3 - 4 miles from Headingly/Leeds City Centre so not that far dude. Make the effort next time ;)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I disagree about the 5pm meets. Last one was a little late in the year but in summer nothing wrong with them imo. It needs a bit of both like the last few being earlier...
Colton isn't a bad meeting point for North/West Yorkshire meets, but there is nothing wrong with people suggesting meets closer to them (as is done by some...).

Dodgy one
Organise a meet at a Cafe / pub with a car park so we can all stand around and talk shite and i'l come to it, Brew / beverage and chat FTW :)

AGH the sl*g
myself and nixiej travelled a 8hour/450+ miles round trip for my last meet so it can be done. but i think its just what date they fall on, also the meets that are arranged at 9am just dont work i for one am not willing to get up and do a 2 hour drive to get there on my day off i work a long week and like a sleep in. once the weather picks up as it is doing i think people will get back out clean their cars and want to come to the meets, i shall be organising a scarborough-whitby run at some point.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
myself and nixiej travelled a 8hour/450+ miles round trip for my last meet so it can be done. but i think its just what date they fall on, also the meets that are arranged at 9am just dont work i for one am not willing to get up and do a 2 hour drive to get there on my day off i work a long week and like a sleep in. once the weather picks up as it is doing i think people will get back out clean their cars and want to come to the meets, i shall be organising a scarborough-whitby run at some point.

The reason that 9am meets are organised for events such as buttertubs is that if you drive up there at say 1pm - 2pm you might as well forget it due to all the old giffs on the road.

Good commitment doing 450 miles though.

As for the meet up at Settle/Skipton crack on. Ill travel to headingley/leeds but Colton seemed like miles away last time I went to a meet. The meet where you didnt attend "leeds182" ;) I think Me, James, Stu? and the trophy guy went to that meet.[/QUOTE

Colton is only 3 - 4 miles from Headingly/Leeds City Centre so not that far dude. Make the effort next time ;)
Another half hours drive though ;)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be happy to do this but people tend to like 'driving' meets as well.

The last meet at the strines wasn't a bad combo, although the pub part seemed a little short lived (or did we just arrive a bit late lol).

What about a Friday night meet during the summer months? Could meet at 6.30-7 ish and then do a Buttertubs run etc whilst the light is still good and the roads quiet. Everyone then still has the rest of the weekend to sleep, shag, drink, shopping....

182 & Porsche 986
What about a Friday night meet during the summer months? Could meet at 6.30-7 ish and then do a Buttertubs run etc whilst the light is still good and the roads quiet. Everyone then still has the rest of the weekend to sleep, shag, drink, shopping....

sounds good:approve:

the shopping.

RB R26.R
The last meet at the strines wasn't a bad combo, although the pub part seemed a little short lived (or did we just arrive a bit late lol).

if only i had all of those experiences on weekends :( (minus shopping eurghh)
Lmao!

RB 182
I've been to one or two, but found as i'd come on my own, felt abit of a div turning up and not knowing anyone! Everyone seemed to have little 'groups'! I know you don't get to know anyone if you dont turn up but put me off abit!

Plus, the g/f thinks the whole car club thing is abit naff lol, so shes unwilling to join me!

Ill try make more of an effort though, someone mentioned a Hudds meet? Now that im a Hudds resident, may attend

None
I've been to one or two, but found as i'd come on my own, felt abit of a div turning up and not knowing anyone! Everyone seemed to have little 'groups'! I know you don't get to know anyone if you dont turn up but put me off abit!

Plus, the g/f thinks the whole car club thing is abit naff lol, so shes unwilling to join me!

Ill try make more of an effort though, someone mentioned a Hudds meet? Now that im a Hudds resident, may attend

I know what you mean, i was that way too on my first meet but it turned out there were three of us who were on our first meet so it's unlikely you'll be the only one who hasn't met anyone before.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

You in Kirkheaton now then?
Make the effort the more you go to the easier so therefore better they get. I turned up on my own and felt just the same lol.
I'm sure a Hudds meet can be arranged before to long.