ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Dont Yorkshire People Attend Meets?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I did the rep thing for a year or so but sacked it off when I sold the Clio. Since then I have bought another Clio and have tried to organise some meets with very little success.

There are a handfull of members from Yorkshire that attend meets but a lot more in the region that dont.

Just wondering if there is any specific reason why Yorks meets tend to have a crap turnout compared so say NW or NE etc who always appear to have good turnouts.

Put your reasons on this thread as it would be good to say more members at local meets.

Cheers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Was going to put a similar thread up, loads of member names but not many ever seem to turn up :S

In west/north yorkshire anyway

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^

Could do, or possibly bank holidays. Would people be up for it on say good friday?

172 cup
Yeah, South Yorks never seem to be as bad.

It must be the quality of the reps!

I would disagree with it being down the the quality of reps tbh.
I, like yourself Jim have tried organising Yorks ones up this way, a few people put their names down but then as it gets closer every slowly backs out.

I couldnt beleive the turnout for the NW one I organised

I think some regions just have members that are more dedicated and can be assed to actually come out for a meet. Yorkshire has never been like that in all the time ive been on here. A couple of good meets in the summer West Yorks last year and year before but regular meets not so much.

Understand where Im coming from? I put west yorkshire because it is geographically West Yorkshire. If I put North yorkshire then people assume I live near York.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Understand where Im coming from? I put west yorkshire because it is geographically West Yorkshire. If I put North yorkshire then people assume I live near York.

You'd could look in the NW meets for meets up towards the lakes, still a fair bit of travelling but at least there is more to do up there than at a typical yorkshire meets.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Went on a little run this morning and walked out a good route around the North Yorks / West Yorks border.

Plenty of 'to die for' signs.

Titanium 182
I used to not want to come on my own and not know anyone :eek: I've got Eikoorb & topgeartom to come with now though and I'm keen to come. Just always seems to be an incovenient day. Wanted to come to that buttertubs one today but I'm at work :(

Im game for meets its not the time or effort its just purely derv. I get paid £25 quid :/ a week so I cant justify it really...

TrackCar & F30 330d
My car had a few little problems which is why i missed 2 meets. and my car currently doesnt have a filter so can drive it atm.

Should be sorted in a week tho :)

I'm sure as the weather gets better more people will want to go for a drive and coem to meets :)

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
i came to the Wakefield meet, but have been tied up on the date of all the local ones since. Arrange a Leeds one. It's a pretty central location! I know quite a few members who would show up.

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
i'll definitely be up for a meet soon, the only reason why i've not been able to come is due to living in Newcastle the past year. Means that at the weekend I tend to spend more of my time with the gf. Hopefully as it gets warmer more people will turn out :)

It's just members, I've travelled to meets all over the north and don't even own a clio, two of my mates travel from Scarborough to Donny then to a meet and back again, often doing easily 400miles a weekend. SO it's commitment and/or laziness.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It's lack of commitment. Too many wingers who can't be arses to drive any more than ten miles to a meet.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, I know Daz tried to organise a few that started at Colton. The only reason for this meeting point was that it was fairly central and also next to the A1/M1 junction so easy to get to.

As has been said, the county is quite large so unfortunately, the meets arent going to be on everyones door step but thats why we are on a car forum, because we like to drive!

I dont know if Daz has sacked off the rep thing but i'll probably keep trying to sort out some meets as there does not seem to be much being organised in terms of west/north yorks meets at the moment.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Would people do a mid-week day meet? I know people on here work shifts/are students.

I have Friday off, would be quieter for traffic too, is it worth me starting a thread?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Would people do a mid-week day meet? I know people on here work shifts/are students.

I have Friday off, would be quieter for traffic too, is it worth me starting a thread?

Im on shifts dude so depends on the day but if im off id be up for it.

Titanium 182
I'm working 2pm-10pm Friday so if it's in the morning I might come for a bit :rasp:

Or if you wait till the week after next I've got 2 weeks off :cool:

BMW M135I
Main problem for me not attending is the day they are on. Most meets are Sundays which i work but then again im busy Monday to Sunday and certain evenings are the only chance i get.

Will all change in 7 week when ive done University though.

RB R26.R
final year exam stress with exams this may, dissertation and much studying needed. although thoroughly enjoyed my first meet (ladybower).
looking forward to summer. ill be game after may!