ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why are standard clio alloys wheels worth so much

renault clio
i have took my wheels of my clio the other day then i put them on ebay and i starting getting emails of people offering my £150 for the 15" standard alloys wheels

just wondering why they are worth so much cant find and info on them so could someone please help me by telling me why they are worth so much

!BoIe1(Q!mk~$(KGrHqIOKj!EtkzYfWD5BLmT+f!Ujg~~_35.jpg

Last edited:
  ClioSport 172 Cup
Thats not alot for a set of 15s. The best clio alloys if any are the turini's on the 172 cup as they are the lightest 16s.

People generally prefer most of the standard alloys in the Renault range to aftermarket imo.

Theyres not a lack of them out there, But when they pop up with decent tyres with a good depth and no major curbing people snap them up..

renault clio
ok thanks for getting back to me but i thnik its stupid for these wheels to be going for this much i would be happy with £30/£40 for them
i would like to know more about them due to the fact that they are bringing in money so if anyone has got any info on them could you please let me know

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Like everyone said, nothing special about them. Guess its down to the Clio being a popular young drivers car, and people with the base model wanting alloys that are a straight fit. 15" tyres are also very cheap to replace.

Clio 182ff
Standard Clios are popular with younger drivers and with their inexperience, they curb the wheels quite often. Having 'curbed' wheels has a kind of stigma attached to it so getting them replaced is an ego boosting must have ha!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Well if you think about it, each tyre is about £40 new, and if they have decent thread on them then £150 is a bargain,

renault clio
hi thanks for your comments
io just thought they was something to miss as i seen some the same wheels on ebay with good tryes and they sold for £40 but come as a shock when i listed my wheels when i got offered £150 for them so i thought they where something to miss so i left them running on ebay and so far they are at £180 with 3 hours left so i have got a smile on my face

thanks for all the info

MK2PH2
I'v seen a good set of them with good treat no kerbing etc.. go for around £200 so your doing well :)

Good luck on the sale.