ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos iPhone 4 has broke already?

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, the earpiece on the phone won't work even after a hard reset and restore. I can use it with headphones in or a Bluetooth headset. When this happened on my old 3G removing and inserting the headphones fixed it. No such luck with this one.

Other than that it's still amazing as far as I'm concerned.

Clio 182 cup'd
I've tried to make mine lose signal and I can't seem to do it! Lol.

Obviously it's a slight problem for some people. The 4 has a worse signal than an 3GS even sat on a table, not a massive difference but still a change.

I think 90% of these problems are people jumping on the bandwagon. All these people on here going on about 'not fit for purpose' 'should do a recall' who has one? Exactly.

I haven't had a single problem with mine and I'm a weirdo lefty.

So ignoring the issue for left handed people, the signal is still worse on the 4 than a 3GS?? Thats progress!

So far then bearing in mind that its primary function to make phone calls, apart from having a nice screen (agreed) and looking very sexy (agreed) its actually abit of a lemon and a waste of money. Think I'll stick with my 3GS!

BMW E46 330i Touring
PMSL, I'm going to leave this thread now I think.

Non iPhone 4 owners can continue to slate it; I'll continue to not experience any of the 'massive' problems. Everyone's happy. :)

Mini Cooper S
Guys,

Not sure I want this anymore :S. It somes like the phone needs to go to the gum clinic to be checked out. It's riddled with problems. Tempted to return mine back to O2 when it comes tomorrow and carry on with my Blackberry...

Use it and decide for yourself. Mine is completely problem free. Same with Ads.

Not all of them are having these issues.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm going ot the genius bar tomorrow.

i have ll my pics/contacts/email/texts on there at present. if they replace it due to the fault will they wipe it all in my presence or is it better to jsut do that myself before going in?

Mine made a point of showing me that he deleted everything. I thought that was just procedure.

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content.

You can just do that once he confirms it's being replaced.

Astra Twintop
Mine made a point of showing me that he deleted everything. I thought that was just procedure.

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content.

You can just do that once he confirms it's being replaced.

Friend of mine took his faulty 3gs in, and they just boxed it straight up.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'll back it up now then.

cool. got some funny LOL vids for you ;) i daren't upload them to YT...

I deleted a few things before I even handed it over for him to look at :eek: as I wasn't sure what they'd do with it.. Can't believe some just go in boxes. I bet that's more likely to happen to the fit women! Lol.

Seb, stick them on RapidShare or something and share the greatness.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'm loving my iP4! No issues at all, no signal drops, a much better signal than my 3G! Much better all round!! I guess I'm lucky, so fingers crossed! Anyways, just thought I'd share. I Love this thing!!!!!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
heres one to puzzle u all, does anyone with a 3gs think that since upgrading to OS4, that the loudspeaker/music player speakers aint as loud as they used to be - and also my voice control is SOOOO slow to respond to commands now too.....

ITB'd MK1
I deleted a few things before I even handed it over for him to look at :eek: as I wasn't sure what they'd do with it.. Can't believe some just go in boxes. I bet that's more likely to happen to the fit women! Lol.

Seb, stick them on RapidShare or something and share the greatness.

you have NO idea of the catalog of pictures i have from a mate who works in a phone shop. He got a vid of his FIT(!!!!) neighbour getting reamed hard on friday. I only have stills of her so far ;)

OMFG it's s**t. I don't have one, but I've heard it's s**t = (I hate anything awesome) OR (I can't afford to upgrade by 3GS) OR (I think s**t non-apple products are cool because they make me look alternative cool and different, like I'm not a fashion victim...I only call and send texts, because my life is too awesome for me to appreciate great design. Got to run, I have a hundred cool friends to call from my shitty plastic phone, but that's cool because I'm so busy and cool).

Sure, it's evidently not perfect. Nothing is. ALL design is compromise. Literal actual fact.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you have NO idea of the catalog of pictures i have from a mate who works in a phone shop. He got a vid of his FIT(!!!!) neighbour getting reamed hard on friday. I only have stills of her so far ;)

danny... as we are s body hero's.... hook a brother up!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
got mine replaced this morning. just getting it sync'd so all appears good.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ok, so mine has decided it wants to work again..having a few issues with facetime now though, poo.

FB app keeps crashing on me too, need top reload that me thinks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what i am most impressed by is the no hassle getting it sorted. ok bit of a pain gonig to cambridge.

but i go in the apple store. get booked in. sit at the genius bar. talk to ''katie'' and explain what has happened. she has a play with the iphone. sees the frotn camera doesn't work. goes gets a new one. i leave.

i get home. turn on mbp. plug in iphone. do a back up and within a few minutes my phone is completely restored.

jsut so so so easy. :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Share the wealth brother.

On topic... Mine is totally fine, ibut does experience (I believe they all do) the signal problem.

If you are in a good signal area it is impossible to replicated the fault, in a worse signal area you can kill it right off accidently.

As much as I love it, it's starting to wind me up that I have to adjust how I hold the phone when I notice I've killed 3G and can no longer browse CS or whatever.

Skoda Fabia vRS
lol, EPIC fail from Apple with this, they seem like a crock of s**t, as reliable as a Sony Ericcsson

I love Apple, but think it's very poor that they are having all these issues with the new phone, and won't be getting one until it's sorted, and won't be getting one if the signal issue isn't fixed. I've witnessed one in real life doing it, and it's f**king pathetic that the didn't spot the flaw before it was released.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
And yet you still took the trouble to browse an Apple-specific subforum to post your insight...?

No, I clicked new posts, and all I see are threads about Apple and how wonderful it all is. Then I see this, and read the news articles, and saw the price, and just thought I would voice my opinion.

We use Apple macs at work, I am running 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon with 6 GB Ram and dual graphics cards. Cost about £4,000. Would you pay that if it were a PC? Uhhh . . . No.

to laugh at all the people paying £600+ for a phone that loses signal if you hold it lol

Where's the Skoda sub-forum . . . ;)

TBH, yes they seem to have problems. But I would rather lose a bit of signal than have a phone like the BB Storm I had before my 3G/3GS. Plus, as Seb has mentioned, what other company swaps like for like with sod all issue?