ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos had their 172/182 from new?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Similar to me m8. I got mine in the first week of December 2004, though I'd ordered it three months before! ;)

I had my previous car for 6.5 years, so the 182 has a bit to catch up on, yet.

D.

182 Full Fat
Got mine in brand new in May 2004. Paid off all the finance now, and still love it!! Longest car I have owned too!

Lee

BMW M2C
I had my 172 from nww, then my 182, and then the Trophy. Kept them 15 months, 12 months and 2 years and still going. I did go and enquire about a new 197 yesterday though.

VaVa
Sssmall F&F Clio ***** lol ^^^

Had mine since November 2003, from new.

Wanted to change it loads of times, but recent house purchase has put a new motor on hold for while!!!

cup 182 mit stripes
Got mine March 05. In March 08, I'll be thinking about major tuning.

Hope some new demon goodie is available then.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Had my 182 since new exactly two years now.

Still love it, even though the number plate light fell off today. Hey-ho, the benefits of Renault ownership. Every time I drive it 'enthusiastically' it always brings a smile to the face and I've no plans to get rid just yet!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
From new since Jan 06 and 56,000 happy miles and still going. Don't plan on selling it as it would be worth sweet f.a here anyway lol. Will be adding a second car soon though.

Clio 182
3 years, 1 month and nearly 24000 miles of ownership for me I had it from new and had my cams etc fitted back in November 05. Runs sweet as a nut. Have thought about changing it but after a few enquiry's and test drives I've come to the conclusion that i'd only be changing for the sake of it. Nothing has tempted me enough to take up the extra finance it would cost me to change. Also I'd be jealous about the person getting it knowing all the care and money i've put into it benefiting someone else for next to nothing!!

Stealth Bomber R26
got my 172 new in Nov 2003 still dont really know if I want to change it or what Iwould change it to

Had mine from new in april 2005 and still only have 12200 miles on the clock and need to get another car now my 182 is getting old

106 GTi
Ordered Dec 2004, collected March 1st 2005. Done sod all miles - but wont be selling it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Second RS clio for me from new . Had the 172 from new for 4 years then waited for the 197 to come out , didn't like the look of it so bought a new 182 in February 2006 . I'll be keeping it for the forseable future until something else comes along that might tempt me in this price bracket.

R

rich[182]

Not current 182 but the 172 I traded in last August I'd had from day 1 for nearly 3 yrs

cup 182 mit stripes
Trev! If you change up to a 197 you'll be spending 6k at least, am I wrong? You're an intelligent bloke and have driven the 197 and must be aware of its horrid gear ratios and the reason for them. Why do it?

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I havent, but I wish I'd have had it from new! I love it to bits and the mileage is still relatively low...although not ideal. I wont be selling it for a while. ;)

The previous owner only had it for a year and he looked after it extremely well indeed :)

LY V6 with Recaros
I've had mine from new, got it in oct 05. Am keeping for another year or so then will hopefully be getting a vee. That's my plan anyway!

i've had my black/gold new from january 05 - 36000miles on the clock and have enjoyed putting every single mile there! starting to look a little road battled now, i.e. chips on bonnet, front spoiler and windscreen...but nothing that a respray wouldn't fix. still get a buzz from driving the 182...fantastic little car which...believe it or not...has been remarkably reliable.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Bought mine in May 2005 brand new.

These days it rattles lots, doesn't go above 3000rpm until after its been running a few mins and I like other cars.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
1st of march 2004 i got mine,second one to be bought in Leicester,or so the salesman assured me!!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Had mine since July 2003 from new, Still here with no plans to get rid..

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
got mine brand spanking new, 3 miles on the clock in June 04.

Now sitting at 34,500 miles. I got lucky, mines a good un!

Thinking of swapping for something cheaper to finance a house but cant bring myself to sell it!!!