ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who are you guys insured with

went to look at a clio 16v on monday and loved it, ready to purchase it.

when i was thinking about what car to buy, i got a online quote from elephant for the clio, and was quite a reasonable qoute, but now when it actually comes down to covering me, they dont want anything to do with me,

whats that all about! :mad:

who are you guys insured with?

Ad

Halifax were cheapest for me by absolutely miles. £700 on a Valver with only 1 year NCB!! £250 excess. Aged 22.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

£550 FC
Student
Company - Highway
Age 22
6 points (SP30, SP60)
4 NCB
South East

aaronc,

does that company have a website?

is your Clio in williams blue with williams wheels?

i saw one at uni 2day

Ad

Liverpool Victoria m8 although I have got union membership behind me and Im rapidly approaching what you might call old farthood :cry:

tried CIS, elephant, direct line, admiral, etc

liverpool victoria looks to be a good bet, will call them 2mrw

halifax will insure me when im 20, so a few months

Ad

I work for esure/Sainsburys/Halifax. Halifaxd normally need drivers to be 20, but I can probably sort something out for you even though youre 19, if youre interested?? Sainsburys wont touch students, but theres no minimum age. esure needs 4 years NCD and has a minimum age of 21 for males.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by ^adam^ on 27 May 2003

aaronc,

does that company have a website?

is your Clio in williams blue with williams wheels?

i saw one at uni 2day

Ad

Hi mate, yes thats mine, where do you see it in cockcroft or mithras?

Dont have a website but the number is 01293 615143 thats swinton insurance brokers i think

aaron,

i saw you this morning just driving past cockcroft in that slip road, u then when onto queensdown school road, then turned right onto lewes road towards mithras,

i was waiting on the corner for someone, bout 10.30, wearing my spurs shirt,

thanks for the number for swinton, will call them 2mrw,

iceman,

basically, the policy will be in my dads name, with me as a named driver, as i wont have the car at uni with me all the time,

Ad

Skoda Fabia vRS

£950 Fully Comp - 21 - Clio 1.4RT

All Mods Declared - Including covering my soon to be GTT engine conversion !

Liverpool Victoria - http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.ukwww.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk - 0800 514 514

they are VERY cheap for new/young drivers in a lot of cases, and are very friendly and helpful on the phone

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Is a spurs shirt bright yellow and sponsered by holston??

If so i remember someone wearing that!

nah, it was a dark blue one!

going to call liverpool victoria and swinton 2mrw, cheers guys

will report back on my findings

Ad

Well, Adam, if you want me to sort you out with a firm (and discounted!) quote even though youre 19, pm me your number and Ill give you a call from work tomorrow. If you need your dad to set it up cos its in his name, thats not a problem.

Williams 3

Highway arent that gud!!!!!!!

Im with them and TBH I wish id never bothered. On telephone I asked (through the brokers) about the cost of all excesses (voluntary and involuntary) and the quote and policy they gave me turned out to have more than what they said; when it finally comes through in the post 6 MONTHS later. Therefore, my insurance would probably have been cheaper with some of the others, even though they sound quite high. Gutted. Luckily I havent had to make a claim yet, but if I do...!

Many of the brokers who deal wth them, rave on about them being so cheap, but believe me they arent. In case youre wondering, I contacted the brokers to ask why I hadnt been told of these voluntary excesses, and they replied that the company hadnt given them details of any. So there u go.

Insurance Factory arent too bad, bin with them before. Butonce again, watch out for those voluntary excesses! 0870 777 8181

Audi S3

im with Highway! through perfomance direct brokers!

sorry adam but liverpool victoria probably tell u to take a running jump on a 16v insurace ( i tried at 20 and they said no way to high an insurance group)

Matt

im with highway, got them through a broker, they are complete sh*t

they sent me cover note with the wrong reg twice, when they got it right after i explained the letters of the alphabet to them , they sent the policy out with the wrong plate again !! f*cking idiots, i think they were doing it on purpose !!

the policy doesnt even say what car it is for its only got the reg !

i rang them but they told me its fine (may be it is)

Ive done a quote with Sainsburys, £2100, sounds a lot but its the norm for me. Directline and Tescos are well ahead charging around £1300. The fact there is such a huge difference is a joke! Make sure you check every insurer going.

-Rob

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

hIghway might be sh*t, but if your a skint student like me and you *dont* intend crashing then its prety cheap.

And they have done everything right so to me so i cant complain.

just spoke to liverpool victoria, and they quoted me £150 more than last year,even though i have a year now and had nothing to start out with last year

they never asked what security i have or where i park it,

spoke to my current company and it was £200 cheaper than last year, until i told them elephant were £350 cheaper, then they undercut them by £25 !!!

talk about bad !

so now its £1025 fc being 22 with 1 yr ncd living in romford.