ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline u bolts, how tight?

Clio 182 FF
Fitted my ARB tonight, all seems good, but just wondering how tight is everyone making the u bolt nuts?

They are pretty right I would say around 1 cm on each so of the u bolts thread showing. To tight?

Clio 182 FF
y7ytare7.jpg

Clio 182 FF
Does it's move around on the beam? If not then it's tight enough.

What do you mean? The u bolts there self move around? No.

Everything seams really solid. I pulled everything and seems solid. Can you over tighten the u bolts?

But if I bang one side of the anti roll bar hard. I can move it side to side. (Needed to do that at the end to make the drop links perfectly straight.

Clio 182 FF
Side to side will happen. I meant longitudinally. Aslong as the brackets etc don't move you'll be fine.

Awesome. I think all is fine then, didn't actually think it would change the characteristics of handling by this much. Can't wait for track days now!

What you need to make sure you do is tighten the U bolt nuts up evenly on each side, half turn a side until you've got them tight enough.

Regards Russ...........

Clio 182 FF
What you need to make sure you do is tighten the U bolt nuts up evenly on each side, half turn a side until you've got them tight enough.

Regards Russ...........

That's what I did, they are nice and even.

What's right enough?!!!!

That's what I did, they are nice and even.

What's right enough?!!!!

As MG cup said there is probably a torque setting but another 1/2 turn once they are fully tightened, run it for a week then go back over them that's what I did with another 1/4 turn and they should be ok.

Regards Russ...

Clio 182 FF
It looks and sounds like you've got it right, and you haven't crushed the bushes on the drop links either which is good.

Again, wasn't sure how tight to make them! Did a bit of research, and some people have practically crushed the bushes. I've made it so they've ever so slightly lost their shape.

The bolt that goes through the sway bar and the drop link I did as tight as possible.

Clio 182 FF
Yeah, you've done it like I did with mine a few weeks ago.

I quite like the black bushes instead of the usual yellow ones.

I had a right problem with my ARB. It came with wrong size bolts, no bushes. Then got sent half yellow bushes! Finally got all the black bushes Friday.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I had a right problem with my ARB. It came with wrong size bolts, no bushes. Then got sent half yellow bushes! Finally got all the black bushes Friday.

Haha, not just me then... I was missing washers, the two 10mm steel plates for the u-bolts and all the nuts.

Whiteline made a massive **** up and sent all the Clio kits out wrong according to Ears Motorsport where I bought mine from

Clio 182 FF
Yeah, I got mine from k-tech and all there packs were missing stuff!

I wish whiteline would do torque setting for there bolts.