ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White wheels

Megane 225 F1
They are indeed. Have to clean them at least once a week. And they still get dirty after 2 days of driving. Look amazin though

Clio 197 cup pack
well clean the car once a week at least. im guessing wheels have to b done 2 time a week by the sounds of things

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I was thinking of getting white wheels too. Mainly for track use though.

What's best to protect them with? I'm worried of having excessive brake dust on them.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Ive just had my turinis powdercoated white, clean them everyday and with in 15 or so miles theres brake dust on them again lol. They do look awesome though :approve:

Bumder With A Buffer
I was thinking of getting white wheels too. Mainly for track use though.

What's best to protect them with? I'm worried of having excessive brake dust on them.

Ive heard good reviews about using some Chemical guys wheel sealant or Poorboys wheel sealant

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/cat_7.html

one quote about CG wheel guard

I put this on, a week later the wheels are covered in the usual road dirt and brake dust, difference is it washed off with normal sponge cleaning, saves a lot of time, beading looks great as a bonus.

As well as Autoglym SRP and EGP.

Have a read through the detailing bit im sure theres a thread somewhere.. or failing that go onto detailing world and see how the proper GEEKS ;) do it!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheer richy22 and Beef-Mc, I think I'll get those for my standard wheels anyway to help keep them clean in the long run :)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
My OZ's are a nightmare. They look amazing clean, but a week later they're yellow. I go through a whole bottle of Meguires Hot Rims to clean them once.

Clio 172
I've srp'd & about 5 layers of Poorboys wheel sealant on mine & there still a b*****d to be honest.

The dirt & brake dust washes off no problem but they still go yellow............

Bumder With A Buffer
IF they are cared for properly though they are easy to maintain. Dont ask me what to use though as im still experimenting with crap.. Detailing world is worth a look through though.

Bumder With A Buffer
Usually by poor application of products or not letting them cure properly.. the wax reacts and it makes it go yellow.

Bumder With A Buffer
Errr maybe! It seems to be due to how the products are applied and how they cure.. .some react differently. Plus sometimes depends on what type of paint has been used on the wheels.