ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whistleing/screeching sound Clio 182

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Im getting a strange whistle/screech when i accelerate in higher revs. Im almost sure its not a belt and its nothing to do with the exhaust which we thought it was - but needed changing anyway as we found out. Anyone had this problem before?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
cleanned throttle body, runs really well now, alot smother but sadly still got that annoying sound. Thought itwas a breather pipe that had come off but didnt help

clio 182
hi gaz, i have a clio 182 ff with the cup packs.04 plate with 16k on the clock.car runs fine. but i put my foot down the other day and i had a wistleing noise comming from the car at about 60mph and above.when i took my foot off the gas it went away?strange.

Shhh
fold drivers wing mirror in.. :)

or,

turn heater fan onto low and it goes away (think its the airpressure coming through system)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Mine seems the same - earlier than 60 though, higher revs in all gears really. definatly not the fan, somthing to do with accelerating so maybe pressure leaking somewhere, breather pipe, exhaust (just ghad new system so if it is it will be by the manifold as it was doin this before the new exhaust too). Its really annoying me now, might take it to a main dealer if i can't get to the source

PH1 172 Sport
Mine does the same mainly between 1-2k rpm allot of people have similar problems so if you get a good answer and a solution let us know!!!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i've no real answer here, mine does the same tho, but the noise changes pitch when i change gear , my mate thinks it may be the 'box, which is worrying. anyone else? does your noise change? :S

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Think i've found out from other threads that its probably the AUX belt. Sould be done at 36k i think but i didnt own mine then so i doubt it was done - its on 47k now so gotta get it checked i think. £310 from renault though!! about 130 for parts then 180 labour for two hours! unbeliveable!