ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whirring Noise

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Hello!

I have recently changed my alloys from some chavvy 17" Wolfrace (205,40,R17) to the standard 16" (195,45,R16) on my 2002 Clio 172.

On the passenger rear wheel, I seem to be gettinga whirring noise which gets louder at 30 - 40 Mph! When the 17's where on, there were some plastic spacers fitted on the hubs but I have removed those before re-fitting the 16's.

I have checked that there is no rubbing in the arch. I even tried to swap the spare alloy in its place incase it was a noise from the tyre but the noise is the same.

The tyres aren't directionals, so that all seems ok. The only other thing i've done is remove the spare alloy from the boot for some weight saving.

Its got me completely stumped! Any ideas what could be causing it?!

Cheers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Wheel bearing, most likely.

Get them replaced along with the rear discs. They need to be pressed in before you fit them.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
wheel bearing,
the piece of plastic you removed was the spiget (sp) ring,
used to make universal alloys fit the hub properly,

incase you were wondering :)

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Thanks :) Been doing my nut in and thought it was co-incidence as it only happened the day I changed my alloys over!

My car loves eating my money!