ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiring sound comming from the back of the car when driving???

clio 172
Hi Everyone,

I have a very annyoing whiring sound coming from the car when its moving, i have been told its one of the wheel barings is this true.

The sound sounds like its comming from the rear and at 30mph and 80mph it sounds the worse. It almost sounds like a helicopter.

Please get back to me.

Also i cant find my locking wheel nuts, i bought the car and forgot to check where they were. Are there any compartments where they could be in the boot? Sorry abit of a stupid question.

ph quick
iirc gsf will only sell you the disc and bearing together but euro car parts sell them seperately so go there unless you wanna change yur discs too, still cheaper from euro but annoying to get the bearings in at home

Lots of Alfas
My locking nuts were rolling around in the spare wheel well. If you cant find them take your service book to renault and they will check a number to see if they can order them for you (assuming they are renault ones). However they have to be ordered from italy and normally take 3 weeks.

clio 172
K-tec racing, £30 + vat each. There hard to do by youself, you need a blow torch to heat the excisting disc then the bearings will just fall out, the push the new ones ito your disc with a lot of force i used a vice with wooden side to force them in works a treat! be prepared for a long job cos theres a lot of stuff to it.

clio 172
ps if your looking wheel nut key is missing the nuts will have to be drilled of most tyre places do this, they get it alot!! then of to halfords for some news ones!

clio 172
Thanks everyone,

I got onto the garage that i bought it from and they are sending out the locking wheel nuts.

I will let you know how i get on, should of hopefully get it done next weekend, the noise is doing my head in.