ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whine 2000 rpm

i got a whiny weak noise that sounds like its coming from the belts area when reving to 2000 rpm and when the rev's go down.
its only occur on 2000 rpm and its barely noticeable but i can tell that it wasnt there before - what it might be?

the car is a ph1 172
any help will be appreciated
thanks!

Focus ST-3
Mine does this aswell, has only just started and hardly noticeable but you can hear it, was going to see if it got worse before asking what it was lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be something or nothing on either the timing belt or the aux. belt runs needing attention but what exactly will require some looking in to. It could be a worn idler bearing or the aux belt could just be ready for a change... best to get it seen to though.

Iceberg Ph1
I believe the dephaser pully creates a whine when its getting old! Had the belts changed any time recently? New belts that have been retensioned can cause this if the dephaser pully was not changed at the same time..?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Whining is created by something being too tight or bearing races being worn/dry... i've never known an old dephaser to whine in over 5yrs working with them but there's always a first time I guess.

could it be something with the alternator?
because its only at this specific rpm its more a quiet buzz-whine noise.
the thing that made me think about it is that it takes me 2 times to start the car but not all the time, its a come and go problem at the moment and the car can run just fine and next day theres this noise again.

thanks again!