ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which wax?

Civic Type R
Would be grateful if someone could advise me on which wax to use.

I've got a Black Gold 182 and I currently use the following:

Megs NXT wash

Autoglym SRP (Not every wash!)

Megs Gold class wax

and I'm not really happy with the results from the Gold class and I want to buy a proper carnuba wax but unsure what to get as I've read that some work well on light cars others work better on darker cars.

Oh and I don't want to spend too much bout £20 - £30.

help much apreciated.

RS Clio 200
20-30 LOL

u can get a proper good wax for 7-11 matey

im sure rich will be along soon to give you some tips

Mito Sportiva 135
Would be grateful if someone could advise me on which wax to use.

I've got a Black Gold 182 and I currently use the following:

Megs NXT wash

Autoglym SRP (Not every wash!)

Megs Gold class wax

and I'm not really happy with the results from the Gold class and I want to buy a proper carnuba wax but unsure what to get as I've read that some work well on light cars others work better on darker cars.

Oh and I don't want to spend too much bout £20 - £30.

help much apreciated.

Chemical Guys 50/50 wax is definitely the best wax I have used in that price bracket, think it is £25, available from Car Wash N Wax (see sticky at the top of the forum).

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
XXX is a good wax and 50/50 is very nice aswell, having used both i would say 50/50 has the edge, slightly deeper in appearance. for a bit more cash u can get some wax that rich uses (name has left my brain for a minute).

If i were you i would stick a sealant in there, either Autoglym AGP or jeffs acrylic etc

Mito Sportiva 135
XXX is a good wax and 50/50 is very nice aswell, having used both i would say 50/50 has the edge, slightly deeper in appearance. for a bit more cash u can get some wax that rich uses (name has left my brain for a minute).

If i were you i would stick a sealant in there, either Autoglym AGP or jeffs acrylic etc

50/50 has deeper slicker looks than the XXX and also lasts far longer, and easier to apply and remove. Doesn't smell as nice though!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i got similar durability from both, XXX was a good wax but 50/50 was better

Civic Type R

I was going to get a sealant but i was going to get Autoglym EGP. Is that any good?

the best way ......

clay ....srp.........egp.........then a good wax(p21's) or other

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
AGP is very good, two layers 24hrs apart will work wonders, jeffs is a spray and can be applied quicker and its easier, both have decent durability, i have some chemical guys M seal if u want it , i have only used it twice good stuff!!

Civic Type R
so its better to add another sealant over the EGP? and then wax?

I thought EGP was a sealant is that not true?

thanks for the advice.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
polish - sealant- wax , thats it only use one sealant then wax over the top but u can layer a sealant for more durability

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
u also need a quick detailer, applicator pads and some drying/buffing towels

Mito Sportiva 135
polish - sealant- wax , thats it only use one sealant then wax over the top but u can layer a sealant for more durability

You can use different sealants over each other, but probably easier just to find a decent one and layer that up. I want to the M Sealant again as I was quite happy with it last time I used it in the Summer, but durability was quite weak. The Blackfire sealant is meant to be good but don't really need to get any more right now.

lmao .....if we're going that far^^^^(was referring to the one before about detailer etc) then a good wash mitt too , two buckets ...lol

Civic Type R
I've already got loads of microfibre towels, aplicator pads and 2 wash mits! I also use the two buckets method so all I need to get now is a clay bar / quick detailer, a sealant and change my wax!

Thanks 4 the advice guys.

i often use chemical guys butter wet wax (sorry Rich but I couldnt resist. lol). The bling factor is fantastic but it doesnt last very long.

Its very good as a show wax!!

106 GTi
For you budget P21s or Chemical Guys 50/50.

Applied over Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection.

Personally I would pay a but extra and go for Swissvax Onyx on your Black Gold.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/swissol/swissol-wax/swissvax-onyx/prod_230.html

IMG_5182.jpg

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/182swissvax/

Civic Type R
thanks for the advice that wax does seem a bit expensive. do you think the difference between that and 50/50 will be noticeable?

106 GTi
The finish and looks the Onyx leaves is a step above the 50/50. I have a pot of each and have not used the 50/50 since buying the Onyx. Well worth the extra IMO.