ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Springs

197 Cup CC
i currently have standard 172 cup shocks with eibach prolines but since going to 15" wheels it looks way high, would prolines sort this or do I need cook sports ? I use the car for track mainly but can't afford decent coilovers at the moment

197 Cup CC
Are the eibachs not lowering springs though ?

Do u reckon standard cup springs would be lower ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Proline pretty standard.
Sport lines a little bit more, some seem to settle lower than others.

I've had the sport lines and if I had my time again I would opt cup shocks, cooksport springs.

197 Cup CC
Neither does the pro, looking for decent set up for the ring at the end of March and doubt I will be able to get a hold of cook sports before then

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Since when do Prolines raise the car over standard?
I've had prolines for years and my car is definitely not a monster truck, when they went on they were slightly lower than standard,
then after a couple of months they settled down to the height they are now, it's not slammed on it's arse but it's lower than standard.
DragdayKennel1.jpg

9640303680_26454903ff_k_zps7428c217.jpg

197 Cup CC
Just think it sits high but I know they are ' progressive ' so I presume they will settle a little

197 Cup CC
Tbh no I am presuming it is as they came in a box with the car, originally on cheap Ktec Coilovers. Any obvious way I can tell the difference?